breadth, not depth

I passed easily this year, but was band 7 in 2015. My mistake in 2015 was I focused too much on FRA, since many people said that was the key. I felt that was misleading. This time I simply focused on reading everything and EOCs…and it was definitely breadth, not depth, that saved the day.

As a retaker, I did absolutely everything different the second time than the first–I am amazed some people who are retakers simply rely on the same failed strategy a second time, with predictably disappointing results.

agreed with this.

i am also band 7 in 2015 (>70% for FRA,Equity, Der, Quants) but on 2016 i got >70% for AI,CF,FI,Eq,PM,Quant,Der.

the different strategy from me maybe i am not reading the curriculum , but only watching schweser videos + doing Schweser practice exam + EOC curriculum + topic test CFAI.

I only use Blue Box curriculum for Fixed Income, because on that part there are so many questions not covered by EOC or Schweser Practice Exams.

On the last month before the exam i also purchased summary video from Arif Irfanullah and watching it with speed 1.7x

Listen to this guy he passed level 2 and he’s a ninja from a secret village