How to read faster?

I currently read very slowly. 5 pages an hour! At this rate with full time work I will never make it through the material. I was wondering how I can start to read a bit faster? I would ideally like to aim for 10 pages an hour AT LEAST.

Let me know your different approaches to tackling this problem, if you also struggle with it.

Thanks!

Skip verbs.

Don’t take this the wrong way but is English not your first language? You should be able to skim read more than 20 pages in an hour try to avoid getting lost in the details. If you can’t I suggest learning by videos. I never even cracked open the level 1 and 2 books… just watched the schweser videos and took notes on the lecture slides. I passed fairly comfortably as well because I knew my style of learning is not reading dry material. Find what works for you. Good luck.

Stop posting so many topics on here and you’ll be able to get more reading done! wink

I get really distracted with videos. Haha english is my first language but I think I get stuck on the details of everything. Do you suggest when I read that I skim through the material? How am I supposed to grasp the concepts then?

Thanks

Mate, no one is going to know what works best for you, especially when you don’t even know. Have you googled how to read faster or how to skim read?

Seems like it’ll be trial and error for you. Look up different learning/reading techniques and try them out.

I feel like you’re trolling.

dyslexia…

Use Schweser side by side. You don’t need to spend time reading stories, get the concepts do the BBs hit the EOCs.

Use your remaining life to read those non essential stuff(post exam obviously).

Put a live crab in your pants and commit to leave it there until you complete the reading.

Works without fail.

I also read slow.

Reading slow makes other abilities to improve, like memory, or analytics, or comprehension. I have battled against my slow reading ability by being more focused and not forgetting things so easy. Commonly one read lap is enough, but some things deserve a twice eye, principally the readings read far back in time. I think OP you can have those too.

Yeah I actually started skimming rather than read verbatim and thats probably what it all was. Getting faster by the day!

I think it should be beyond the number of pages you read per hour it should be more of what you intend to achieve per reading or topic area. For instance, You can set a goal to read-up ‘Intercorporate investments’ at the end of 2 days. You will find yourself meeting that goal. Sincerely. It depends on the material on those pages you are reading. For me, reading derivatives was slower than economics or PM. So guide yourself appropriately and you will be fine.

This may be poor advice so take it or leave it but I find that reading every single part of every single reading renders me marginally better off. When I arrive at the questions and practice exams, I realize that I have learned very little by way of helping me pass the exam.

Skim the readings and only focus on bolded text, formulas, and anything that is highlighted as a key learning objective if you have the Schweser notes. I hope that helps somewhat! You might be trying to learn everything which is not feasible in the time allotted and not what the exam tests unfortunately. Good luck studying!