Is it too early to start studying for L2?? Its only October..

[original post removed]

It’s never too early.

its only october now laugh

It’s a lot of material. It’s better to start now!

There’s more material in L2 with a completely different question format. Take it from a guy who failed in June, it’s best to start studying earlier.

Fair enough, thanks for the input all.

Don’t worry.You still have plenty of time. Isn’t that what you want to hear?

i would suggest to start mid-november, giving yourself a good 6 months with time for some extra practice. Starting now you will only be burnt out and bored by Xmas then will feel like restarting all over again in January. IMO not worth starting this early.

yes.

Ditto!! Take it from a guy who got band 9 and 10 respectively!

For level 1 what took me the longest was learning to study efficiently. One example being I kept trying to learn everything instead of just moving on after finishing a reading. I won’t make the same mistake this time but I’m sure level 2 has it’s tricks I’ll need to learn as well so I’m setting a start date of Nov 1st.

Just start with the stuff that interests you the most

Or bores you the least.

Starting sooner is always better. Today is still sooner than starting tomorrow.

For what it’s worth, it’s no longer October.

some serious truth has been dropped here. this guy needs to write a book.

I failed in June because I didn’t give myself enough time to practice after getting through the massive amount of material. If you’re worried about it, then just start reading. Knock ethics out first, boom that’s 15%.

If you haven’t even considered it, create a study plan asap, a good/realistic one takes time. You’ll mentally need a few weeks’ notice to be motivated to begin, and you’ll take a few weeks to to get in to the routine of setting aside time each week, so I would suggest a few hours each week for the first few weeks at first and build it up. Setting goals that are too high at first will demotivate you when you don’t meet them!

I’m managing to read for up to 15 hours a week and work out that is less than half what I need to finish each Study Session. If I wasn’t reading from the official curriculum, no doubt I could afford to start later, but I think starting in October was very appropriate. It obviously depends on your choice of reading material, study and learning style, memory and other factors. There’s no too early provided that a. you don’t start before the CFA Institute releases the Learning Outcome Statements for this year’s exam, and b. you don’t let yourself get burned out!