2012 AM paper.

Checked the CFAI website and didnt see 2012 AM paper posted. I found 2009 to 11 but not this year’s paper. Can anyone shed light on the reason why not?

your timing is way off. Past year postings have more been around the Mid-March timeframe!

cpk what study material are you using for studying. Do you have any thoughts on this matter. As I am quite confused…

sigh…L3

Two separate individuals at CFAI told me it would be released on late November. If it’s not up yet, I would expect it soon.

I am really looking forward to reviewing that thing. I walked out of the monring section thinking I was sunk. Thank god for the afternoon. I suppose I am sitll not allowed to talk about it yet, but there were some questions that were real head-scratchers and I can’t wait to see how they fashion an answer.

Any direct link to the CFAI web site where we can expect to find the 2012 AM papers? Thanks!

http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/courseofstudy/samples/Pages/index.aspx

Me too. I left the exam hall thinking how fucked up the morning paper was. Never thought I would do as well as I did for morning paper.

It’s posted. Interesting to take a look at it after the fact.

I shouldn’t have looked at this! That AM exam (expletive deleted) me. Lucky I was able to claw back enough on the PM!

TIP FOR L3ers: spend lots of time getting familiar with these CFAI ‘guideline answers’ from the last couple of years. I feel that there is a big risk of either under, over or taking a non-CFAI angle to answering these questions - all of which will give you 0 marks regardless of how well you ‘know’ the material.

Goodluck!

Thanks for the tip

[quote=“SFA”]

I shouldn’t have looked at this! That AM exam (expletive deleted) me. Lucky I was able to claw back enough on the PM!

TIP FOR L3ers: spend lots of time getting familiar with these CFAI ‘guideline answers’ from the last couple of years. I feel that there is a big risk of either under, over or taking a non-CFAI angle to answering these questions - all of which will give you 0 marks regardless of how well you ‘know’ the material.

Goodluck!

SFA

What precisely are you pointing to? Is it that the guideline answers do not directly draw on or reflect the curriculum?

^ No. I think they do directly draw on the curriculum. Sorry, I really don’t want to get into a debate about specific guideline answers. Just wanted to make the point that i think getting VERY familiar with the guideline responses will help you on exam day - in terms of measuring your responses, hiting the right ‘key’ words and not wasting time thinking about how best to construct your response.

I’m not sure I remember the answers I wrote down, I tried my best to block out that time in my life lol

It will probably come back to me if I reviewed the exam though

Looking back at this exam after being out of the program for six months, I cannot believe how hard that exam seems. What a mess!

Haha. I haven’t visited this forum since I passed the exam. I just looked at the 2012 AM and I remember why I scored so bad on that section. Luckily for me I made up ground in the PM and secured a pass.

Best of luck to everyone prepping for Lvl3 2013. My suggestion; start studying now and go to Creighton!

For me I think regardless how much you study, it is near impossible to do well for morning paper. So far I havent met anyone who did better in the morning paper than the afternoon and pass. Best strategy minimise losses for AM and ace the Pm.

Totally agree. Scrape the points you can in the morning, dust yourself off at lunch and prepare to dominate the PM. The AM is brutal and the scoring is merciless. And unfortunaltely when the test is done, you will obsess on the AM portion over the next few months. It is all I remembered until results day. I thought I was sunk. PM saved my bacon.