L3 Pass Rate only 49% - FML!

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
andytrader's picture

oh well…

Buy by topic for targeted study—Download today to preview two entire topics for FREE!
Bilal's picture

im definitely failing :)

Improvise, adapt, overcome

PistolPt's picture

crapballs.

jeffsick's picture

where did you see this

Jeffsick

itera's picture

it may be on bloomberg. 

Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and greatest weakness.

PistolPt's picture
andytrader's picture

Bloomberg

Bilal's picture

I expected it would be 48% in a previous post .. well .. bah :( 

summerside182's picture

looks like average score wont make it :(

Babsfrey's picture

Wow….guess we all screwed up badly. The Charterholders may be having their way over CFAI in keeping the number of charterholders under check.

This is bad news!

tyler4040's picture

Well, it looks like I’ll be studying another year. Probably puts me at a band 10 :(

jeffsick's picture

wow…. all i can say is wow

Jeffsick

Bilal's picture

It doesnt have to be that bad .. it might be related to more candidates not preparing well for the exam or too many first timers who screwed up .. ( + me ) lol ..im sure MOST of people on here will pass .. barely 10% will fail.

PistolPt's picture

It’s not like its massively low. what if it were 50%. I bet everyone would be ok with that.  Only 1% higher…

anks612's picture

I was hoping to barely scrape through. But with that pass rate, I am most likely failing. 

Well…one more year of misery.

summerside182's picture

PistolPt wrote:

It’s not like its massively low. what if it were 50%. I bet everyone would be ok with that.  Only 1% higher…

its actually 48.9% which is the second lowest eva.

andytrader's picture

The AM section was too damn long.  That probably explains it and they did not want to move MPS too low to compensate.  I’m sure top 1% still managed.  Motha fkers

Bilal's picture

I finished it all BUT i screwed up in 4 major parts in 4 majors questions.. cause i didnt invest the needed time in those parts.

Babsfrey's picture

MPS must be like 65% …..this isnt good enough!

Doji's picture

2007 was  50%

2009 was 49%

2010 was 46%

Babsfrey's picture

andytrader wrote:

The AM section was too damn long.  That probably explains it and they did not want to move MPS too low to compensate.  I’m sure top 1% still managed.  Motha fkers

Shit top 1%….they couldnt even think to help a man.

Spranga5's picture

Another way to look at it is that when we all passed level 2 we were in the 35-40 something percent that passed…..maybe you guys are in that 49%. I’m expecting the worst even though I previously felt confident. Today is probably gonna suck!

Babsfrey's picture

12,607 of us passed…still a huge number!

Bilal's picture

I believe we can contribute this low rate to the increasing number of level 2 and retakers.

Zlack's picture
Omar Adnan's picture

no need for the drama lol most people here passed as you can see guys .. why do you always get scared

anyways, please take a minute and fill in this survery please

http://cfatutor.me/2013/08/06/level-iii-results-are-out-congratulations-...

----------

Omar A. Al Ismail

bcorbitt's picture

If you are in the 49% you are going to want it to be even lower next year to make sure the designation stays as selective and as worth as much as possible.

converts's picture

The board probably decide on how many new Charterholders to create each year and set the pass rate accordingly, otherwise the large growth from test takers would devalue the charter.

I am’t complaining though as I passed. Was shaking all morning but am so happy that next year I can actually spend more time with my family now, and not have to tell them I am studying and missing my childeren.

bobice's picture

Yeah thank god i can start a family now. What a journey. To many of us to spare this kind of time is a testimony of preserverance. Congrats to all passers. To those who didnt slay the beast the next year

NANA Hachiko's picture

my suspicion is that the pass rate is decided after a MPS is determined.

For instance, i expect the scores are somewhat normally distributed with a mean of say 61-63. Since there are a lot of candidates having the same score, if they set the passing score from 62 to 63, there are enough candidates who scored 62 and didn’t make the cut to make a few percentages difference. (ie 49% instead of 52-54% in previous years).

babymeow's picture

hey bobice, same sentiments wrt this journey, time to heed the nation’s calling and make more babies!

Pages

Subscribe toComments for "L3 Pass Rate only 49% - FML!"