No. Of pages in 2015 Level 3 Curriculum

Hello Folks,

I have heard from a couple of friends that 2015 Level 3 Currriculum has around 1000 pages. Anyone who has downloaded the e-books or received the print curriculum please confirm.

for the total curriculum, only 1000 pages for this level? just register yesterday and waiting for the print curriculum, let’s beat it!

Just accessed the ebook yesterday and indeed, there is not that much but maybe the format are different from printed A4…printed day are shipping at the moment, I’ll confirmed upon receipt

Got my printed curriculum, its just close to 2200 pages only

That’s about the same as last year. I’m surprised they didn’t add anything also.

2200 sounds a lot better than the 3000+ for both L1 and L2.

Sure, it sounds better…until you realize there is FAR less space taken up by formula derivations and the like. I was surprised at how dense those 2200 pages were. Lots of information with fewer formulas. My notecard stack for L3 was just less than half as tall as mine for L1 or L2.

The 3000+ in L1 and L2 are knowledge and deeper knowledge. The 2200 of L3 are mainly guidlines on how to integrate L1 and L2 knowledge in portfolio managment context + GIPS. It’s a different animal.

2015 Level III CFAI Curriculum size summary.

Note: ebooks include glossary pages; physical books exclude glossary. I have not accounted for EOC questions/solutions pages or any other extraneous pages etc…, so the readings are slightly smaller than listed below.

Volume 1: ebook - 161 pgs; physical text 267 pgs

Volume 2: ebook - 243 pgs; physical text 540 pgs

Volume 3: ebook - 83 pgs; physical text 302 pgs

Volume 4: ebook - 151 pgs; physical text 361 pgs

Volume 5: ebook - 143 pgs; physical text 417 pgs

Volume 6: ebook - 126 pgs; physical text 311 pgs

Total: ebook - 907 pgs; physical text 2,198 pgs

The 2015 will be my first attempt at Level III. From what I gather, the amount of time commitment will be on par with Level II with hammering down the short answer/essay format techniques being absolutely paramount. Good luck to all, looking forward to getting through this one with everyone!

Hm that difference between ebook and physical is interesting. I really liked how the ebook matched physical last year for the live review course that I travelled to. I took my iPad with the books on it and it worked like a charm. How do they match up the ebook and the physical? Are there multiple physical page numbers per ebook page?

Not sure, will check on separate computers to see if anything changes. Keep you posted if it does…

Ha I guess I’m just asking out of curiosity. Hopefully I don’t have to know by necessity…

Any comment about the quality of the printed books?

For those that received L3 hard copy books:

• How long did it take to receive them from when you ordered?
  • What carrier delivered them?

I ordered L3 hard copy books on 7/30 and received a tracking number on 7/31 for UPS, but it doesn’t look like there’s any activity under the tracking number that was assigned.

Just curious how everyone’s experience is w/ this process. Thanks!

I ordered my L3 books on 08/01 and got them today, 08/05 - via UPS.

At $150 for printed materials + $20 for shipping, they should have come in pristine condition - but they arrived with a few dings (bends on the covers already).

People are saying the CFA books are less pages than L1 and L2, but doing a quick flip through - the books seem pretty densely packed.

Also got my books today.

It’s roughly 1700 pp., w/o end of chapter summaries and optional sections (hardcopy).

The first impression: it’s still A LOT!

they are very light)))… make out the rest for yourself)))

They come within 6-9 business days via UPS. I ordered them on Wednesday, July 30th, received them on Monday, August 4th. I’d give CFAI a ring if your package still isn’t showing up on the tracker…