Level III Schweser

Hey guys,

Fingers crossed for all those waiting for level 3 results.

One question for people that used Schweser and had the online videos. Is BJ Tolia giving alot of the lectures? he does for level 2 and i wanted to kill myself.

Hopefully the schweser level 3 stuff is good…

THANKS!

It’s all marc lefebrve. or david hetherington. I prefer marc 1000%.

BJ Tolia had a strange heavy accent. Indian mixed with Australian. keeps you distracted from the origional material. I was thinking of of his life. With such an accent, at what age he left India?, how long he stayed in Australia? or is he married to an Aussie?, how long he has been in the US? Why he’s not picking up some Boston accent to add to the mix? or Harlem’s. But maybe he has an appeal to some nationalities.

He’s not in L3

Marc LeFebrve is your “Pal” instructor. David Hetherington is the instructor who’ll feed you the most valiable material.

Andy Holmes was the best throughout the whole program.

David Heatherington for me. Nobody can teach economics as well as him, loved his classes from Stalla days. I was fortunate to attend classes of Peter Olinto, even if offline - loved his classes. Top guy imho.

Hey, but I am sure ourmagician here wouldnt be far behind as well :slight_smile:

I’m glad that i wasn’t the only one whose mind wandered when watching these videos.

Daaaaviiiid Heeeeeetheringtooooon’s accent put me off a fair bit.

Does Schweser include any extensive video lectures about how to deal with the essays in Level 3?

@Haji Yes - 2012 version had and the sessions were by David Heatherington. You might want to check your comfrotability with his accent as gringo has told above. I personally liked his videos though…

What kind of accent does Heatherington have?

I’m pretty good with accents - as long as things are understandable.

David Hetherington lives in Vermont these days; however, I do not know where he grew up, so I cannot place his accent with certainty.

Nevertheless, he’s an awesome instructor.

You flatter me.

I had the distinct privilege of working with both Peter and David at Stalla, and with David at Schweser. They’re both excellent instructors.

I actually had BJ Tolia teach a ton of my live classes in Chicago. I wanted to shoot myself.

Good to hear the BJ is not in the L3 vids. I went to WindsorWeek for L2 this year and Andy Holmes and John did most of the lecturing, but BJ did the PM section and it was aweful. I think he’s a bigger asset on the publishing side…Not an engaging speaker at all.

BJ is the boss of Schweser L2 program. He’s not self aware and no one would dare to tell him he has no clothes on. But again, we just represent a small segment of their market. Maybe Indians and Asians like his presentation skills. I’m not an anglo-saxon nor latine. I can stand thick accents including Californian (yes, that extreme), but his is too much. His time management could be much better.

Does anyone know where you can download cfa level 3 videos for free?

I seriously meant it magician smiley Your explanation on one of the currency questions cleared a ton of doubt for me personally.

Seriously?