Work Ex is approved by CFAI Recently - Please post the days it took

I know it was asked many times, approximately how many days does CFAI wll take to approve? any one who applied in last few days or week?

I hear few people get thier’s approve in day or 2 lately.

Update-

I submitted mine on 9th and received approval on 17th. I paid to NYSSA on 18th. Got MY Chatter in 5 mins after I paid to NYSSA and CFA.

I am the same question but i submitted my exp a few weeks ago. I had my work exp approved by the CFAI but it still says under review. Under the society i applied to, i didnt have any listed work exp for some reason, did yours have the same thing?

I submited to CFAI Yesterday. CFAI didn’t approve mine yet. How long did it take for CFAI to approve yours?

I submitted on 08/31 and it’s still being reviewed. My status also lists 0 work experience on the society status. I was hoping that wasn’t an issue.

yeah its same for me . THe submited work experience list as 0 for the local society. i guess it won’t show until CFAI reviews it and send it to local society.

It’s supposed to have zero work experience on the soceity application. I was concerned about this too and emailed the CFAI.

Any one recently got thier work ex approved?

My work experienced was approved by CFAI by day 10.

Still 21 days left on the society approval - it says “0” approved work experience months with “0” submitted. Pretty sure CFAI work experience approval is more than enough.

Galli- 10 callender days or Busienss days?

^ good question, not sure. I was out of the country on holiday when I submitted so I wasn’t watching it closely enough to know. I just remember checking it a few times and thinking it felt like it was taking a lot longer than I thought it would.

lol. okay. reverse engineering? when you got the email from CFAI?

It took CFAI about 9 business days to approve my work experience.

when did you sumbit to CFAI?

Submitted regular application on 9/1. Immediate status: “review work experience”

After 7 business days the status change to “Society under review”

Then 2 business days to get an email from the local society to pay dues. I submitted the completed invoice with credit card information today 9/15.

We’ll see what happens from here. I guess once the local society approves, and they send “approved” status to CFAI, then CFAI will email me for payment. Can anybody confirm this is the next step? And then how long from there until I get to use the three beautiful letters?

I got through the whole process, including CFAI and society, in about 1 - 1.5 working days. I submitted my application on Saturday September 5 and got the approval email to start using CFA on Tuesday September 8 (around lunch time in Europe so morning in the US).

Pelle - You might be one of the swiss rock star… Congratulation… is there a direct link to check the status on your profile page? i have to go through the - become regular member page to check my submitted application.

I submited my application on 8/11/15, work experience was approved within a week, I have watched the the Decision days remaining started at 30 and have officially reached 0 today… Nothing yet but based on my previous inquiry with the institute I am expecting somthing today…

I submitted mine yesterday. Will post back when the work experience is approved…

9/16: Submitted in the afternoon. 9/21: No update yet. As anxious as I was for the L3 results. Will check closer to the end of the week now. 9/23: Approved in the evening! 9/24: Got the email asking me to update my membership status. I was an affiliate member previously and so there was no money owed. They automatically updated me to a regular membership and a charterholder! There was no wait time on my local society - they either automated it or are very quick. So relieved!

I submitted mine August 14th. CFA Institute asked me to elaborate on work experience twice before approving it a week ago. Still waiting on local society approval so I’m guessing it’ll be a couple more weeks…overall the process has taken over a month so far. Doesn’t really matter though but it’s like the CFA institute doesn’t want to let me go!

Hi all,

Took the CFA institute 9 business days to approve my work experience.

My local CFA society took 4 days to grant their approval. I was awarded the charter today, by God’s grace.

Regards.