Evaluate Score

I know this is kinda late but I need some help in evaluating my score. I studied far countless amount of hours, ran out of time on the sessuion so I rushed through half the exam. I scored in the 60’s to 70’s the week before the exam on the morning session. Can anyone help and take a look and see if taking a class would help me? I plan on starting January as I am currently prepping for the GMAT.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Institutional 14 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 17 * - - 3 Fixed Income Investments 19 * - - 4 Alternative Investments 20 - * - 5 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 6 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 14 - * - 7 Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Individual 16 * - - 9 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 15 * - - 10 Economics 14 * - - 11 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 18 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 36 * - -

Your score band: 4

Respectable PM performance but not enough to overcome the many sub-50s on the AM portion. Based on the PM, I would have thought you’d be a little higher than Band 4…but you never know since CFA provides such a vague and arguably worthless assessment.

I did only slightly better than you on the AM exam. Even though I passed, I still refused to believe I scored 4 sections below 50% given how well I felt about the test. I took the liberty of reviewing David Hetherington’s advice on the Schweser 2013 video and discovered what I might have missed. To get points for a question, one needs to

1. Pick the answer CFAI wants you to pick.

2. Cite the concept in the CFA curriculum you are applying.

3. Relate the concept back to the case facts and explain why it is applicable.

I skipped step 3 in many of my responses because the relationship between the case facts and the curriculum concept seemed no-brained to me. But for the purpose of scoring points I should have stated the obvious.

Many of you here are competitive and smart. We tend to avoid stating obvious things in our conversations with colleagues/clients lest we appear dumb or shallow. I don’t recommend adopting this mindset for the AM exam.

Thank you guys. I believe I am just going to try another round of self study.

I lost my face when I’m with you but I like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEI4qSrkPAs