IPS retail and Institutional

Hi All,

Hoping to get some insights on how those of you who are preparing and those of you who have successfully cleared the L3 exam… on what you are strategy is/was preparing for the IPS section of the material… I find the curriculum lacking explanation and also if someone has already made a list of all the traps that can be experienced on these questions or at the least the most common traps if not all…really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and inputs.

That’s the thing - an IPS is art and not science. There will not be a lot of explanation in this area because each person/institution is different. There is no real methodical/formulaic method to doing this the same way for each person/institution. Just get some of the basic principals down and be able to implement these to the specific case facts.

speaking from real world experience I don’t believe any of the IPS’ I have ever written look the same between 2 clients. That’s just life.

Thanks bfry… are you using Kaplan S to prepare for the exam? how do you find their coverage on the topic?