reveal yourself weird dude in the coffee shop!

so back in late november i was in a coffee shop in my sf suburb minding my business reading through behavioral finance. a guy introduces himself to me and asks me a ton of questions. says he’s studying for level 1. do i have tips? can i have your email in case i have questions. yada yada. about a month ago. i see the dude in the library doing qbank. FOR LEVEL 3!! wtf. were you just sizing up the competition? i bet you’re on this forum. you weirdo. reveal yourself now and tell me what the hell you were doing and we can still be friends. i found it a little creepy, but i’m sure there’s a reason behind it. i’m being serious, by the way.

Dude he was hitting on you. San Fran.

hahaha. he asked you about crack spreads didn’t he?

HAHA that’s a hilarious story. I mean what is the point of putting on that act? What an absolute loser. The motivation behind people is just perplexing sometimes. I second this demand: reveal yourself you loser!

The kid was obviously on the L1 fast track and apparently the wisdom imparted on him by cfasf1 allowed him to go from L1 to L3 in a matter of 6 months. I am impressed. And here all of you are judging the guy.

wtf, that is messed up.

That is odd… What kind of questions was he asking? The people I’ve come across studying for L1 usually wear it on their sleeve, asking questions like “Do I need to know the formulas” etc.

I’m sure you’ll meet again at the test center.

did he ask you out on a date?

Why didn’t you ask him, when you saw him?

There better be a showdown. “Meet me where we put our backpacks at 5:05 b itch”

Maybe the guy thought he wanted to start a study group with another L3’er. But then when started talking to you, he realized you were the “weird dude” and said the first thing he could think of to stop you from calling him. You know, like the stories you tell horny fat chicks late night at bars about having trumpet lessons early in the morning so you gotta leave and get some sleep

i realize that there is an underlying gayness to this whole story. “crack spread”. LOL. you guys are going to make me punch this dude in the face at the test center if i see him. (would that be a violation?) but seriously, fellas. this is f’d up. he was chatting me up. did i take classes, what do i recommend… i told the dude everything… take john harris. do as many questions as you can… the whole time the dude is on level 3. he picked up my book, starting leafing through it, saying sht like “wow, this seems like interesting stuff”… totally blowing smoke… dammit. i’m getting pissed. this is what it must feel like to have been slipped a roofie. ok, maybe not. my wife thinks the dude was totally gay too, btw… reveal yourself gay indan level 3 dude.

best thread ever (since the 20 page I banged my boss from last year…)

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why didn’t you ask him, when you saw him? I should have. but i was like, wtf! it was in november when i saw him at the coffee shop and i just saw him at the library like a month ago. it took me a second to realize it was him. very weird, man, i couldn’t make this up. i have his freaking email. yes, he sent me a freaking email!

You should ask him how L1 studying is going and good luck on Sat.

Ask what section he’s sitting in cause you want to hi

the email below (who puts smiley faces on an email to another dude?) javarama is the coffee shop. ok, i’ll stop. i was just taking a study break and was reminded of this whole ordeal. maybe it’s a big misunderstanding. Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:58:12 AM Subject: Re: cfa - javarama :slight_smile: Thanks John! The only question I have is if the Schweser 3 day Seminar is worth doing. It starts tomorrow and since I have been doing only self-study I wonder if sitting in a class room will be a positive experience or just a waste of time and money. :slight_smile: Thanks and hope your prep work is going well as well. G

Maybe he passed L1 in december and was doing L2 test now. Some of the questions are similar

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe he passed L1 in december and was doing L2 > test now. Some of the questions are similar Red, Green, Blue…easy to tell who is on what level.