How to receive an alert when someone responds to my post?

Hello everyone,

Do you know how to receive an alert when someone responds to my post so that I don’t have to come back here from time to time to check?

Thanks in advance.

Is there any way to get this website send me an email alert when someone responds to my post?

create an alert in the thread by holding “Alt” and pressing “F4”

You do get alerts when someone sends you a private message. So, I recommend that you just send your question privately to as many people as possible (hopefully over 75 users). Ignore the replies that say “FU loser” - I get those all the time.

With respect to what Ohai has said,I think a true financier wanna be should spend about 14-15 hours of his time refreshing WC and getting the latest updates. The reason we don’t have an alert system here is to weed out true financiers from the rest .

OP - ask the exact same question one more time and I’ll tell you the answer.

once you hit 10,000 AF points you unlock the alert function along with a variety of other useful abilities like access to the secret thread where all the BSDs post the insider secrets of how to break into top tier finance jobs. Got a back office IT gig with little english language speaking ability? Not for much longer!

The best method to achieve this is by spamming new posts with titles that involve current events. May I suggest, human interest topics like " college rape stats in America" or anything currently happening in India. Make sure to get the last word in on all disagreements. Also try engaging individuals like PureAlpha in a lengthy debate about a topic everyone else has long stopped caring about.

No. The only way is to check back from time to time (threads with new posts will be flagged as so).

The GuyOnABuffalo nailed it.

This guy is going somewhere.

This 100% needs to be in the feedback forum. Not sure why I am even reading this in WC

AF now has voice commands. Speak to AF loudly when the site is open. Give the command “alerts on” loudly. If that doesn’t work, speak a little louder each time until it registers.

I tried that,wouldn’t work.Found out the microphone on my laptop needs replacing,thanks for bringing this up though.

If i am not mistaken , alerts were sent by mail a couple of years back. Don’t really remember whether it was this blogging site of another or other one mainly for FRM.