Will Software Developer get a Business Analyst Role in an IT Company after FRM ?

Can a software professional get a Business Analyst role in an IT Company after completing FRM Certification? I have around 6 Yrs of Experience in IT industry as Software Developer, predominantly worked in Risk and Compliance,So after completion of FRM will it get me a Business Analyst role in an IT Company.

Merely because they’ve completed the FRM?

Probably not.

(Note: I haven’t the FRM designation, so I probably don’t know anything pertinent.)

Thnks for the Reply S2000magician.

By Analyst , I mean Business Analyst in an IT Company.

My guess would be that people at an IT Company that is not investments-related would have no clue about the FRM designation. You haven’t stated the nature of this “IT Company’s” industry, so my analysis is limited. Business analyst roles are considered pretty general compared to investment analyst roles; I’ve seen very few which call for these types of designations.

I have the FRM designation, and it is not well-known outside of banking and asset management. If I were you and wanted to showcase how knowledge you obtained during the course of your FRM studies improves your business analytics, I would not be shy to include a one- or two-sentence description of the pertinent aspects of the program as it relates to your target job on your resume, so that someone who has never heard of the FRM can quickly understand how it might be of value.

As long as the HR is impressed within 30 seconds after screening you resume!!