FRM part 2

Everywhere that I have read they say part 2 is way more harder than part 1, but when you see the pass percentage for part 2 it is very high (avg 58%). There seems to be no correlation between exam difficulty and pass percentage. So just share some thoughts, whats the logic behind this??

Is it the number of students appearing for part 2 that makes the diff., but then too if exam is hard more people should fail right??

I think the word ‘harder’ for Part II depends on your background. If you are more well equipped in VaR topics, Investment Management in general (Risk-Adjusted Performance Analysis) and some Basel II topics (due to work experience in a bank) Part II is easier in my point of view.

I just wrote the FRM Part 2 exam in Monteal on Nov 19th and I dont have a good feeling about it. I only went hard from October to the last day leading to the exam but I feel like that wasnt enough time and I got way too confident. Material wise, part one was more calculation intensive but part 2 turned out mainly theory so it depends on your area of strength to decide which one is harder according to you. I personally think I have hope to pass but I`m not banking on it, results are out on Jan 3rd and if I fail I will start studying from Feb till May 2017. I would hate it though haha…

Hey I’m new to this forum but been lurking for a while. I need some piece of advice on how to approach FRM I read some of your posts and from my understanding you finished the CFA program which is basically a PhD in finance and FRM

For FRM Part 1 I used Schweser notes and Qbanks. I studied for 2 month put in 200 hours but I have a strong base in Finance and most the stuff in part one I have already seen in CFA level 1, 2 and 3 which was alot of information. Read the books and do EOCQ twice then do as many mock exams as you can get your hands on for at least the last 3 weeks before your exam and you should be good.

Where do you study and how do you make time for work and gf if you have to actually study 4 to 8 hours a day?

First, I always warm up at home to build tolerance so I can put in maximum hours then I move on to the library or to an empty class room at the university because I can only study in a complete silent environment. I dont have a gf but even if you have a gf or a wife it shouldn`t be a big deal as long as the lady is understanding of your personal goals and supportive of your future. I think it starts becoming a real challenge when you have kids to worry about.

Can I still go out and drink with friends? How is my social life going to be like? Sorry man I’m asking lots of questions I’m just a little nervous.

I totally understand that these kind of exams can be nerve racking and stressful to some people. You can still have a moderate social life because if you dont you will end up getting depressed haha.. drinking is something that I dont do so I can`t answer that question for you sorry.

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile: