Two questions about FRM Wiley Review

Q1. Why the Wiley Efficient Learning website does not show the exact pricing?

Q2. I check the amazon.com for the price of Wiley materials. What I find is “Wiley Study Guide for 2016 Part 1 FRM Exam” which costs around USD 150. Actually, the amazon reviews are quite bad (1.3 out of 5) but the reviews here are quite good. Do you guys know why there is such a big difference?

Looks like the 2017 products have not been released yet, as the 2017 LO’s are being released fairly soon. Last year was Wiley’s first year with the FRM and I believe they’re trying to make an integrated solution that includes text, questions, and videos.

I would buy the Wiley study guide from the website and not Amazon, so you can get a better idea of what to expect. Honestly, I think the folks who reviewed the products on Amazon may have purchased a portion of the overall solution.

Thank you for your reply.

If I buy, I prefer to buy from the Wiley-website too. Because I want to buy the videos stuff as well.

But the problem is there is no pricing in the Wiley-website. That is why I check amazon for a reference price.

Hey ifightbears989 and slabthickness,

Thanks for the question. I can answer. I am literally begging Wiley to pull the listing from Amazon for a few reasons.

First, we have very limited pricing control at Amazon. I don’t entirely understand but we give them prices once every 6 months and then Amazon can discount from there or something like that. I don’t understand it and things that I don’t understand I generally don’t like.

Also on reviews. I wrote this program as a tight connection between the notes and practice questions and have added video with Wiley. Pre-Wiley my vision was “you want to pass? Here is what you need” Full stop. One product, one price. Wiley, for reasons of their own and very valid, offer the program ala carte. So if you go to Amazon, you don’t have the user experience of seeing all the things available on the Wiley site and making the choice among things you think you dont need. If you go to Amazon only, you only see the one random thing that pops up and you order that thinking it is all you need but it is basically 1/3 of what I want students to have. You may be missing different volumes, you may not have ordered the questions. It’s basically a disaster at Amazon and that is our fault, not the reviewers. It’s our miscommunication. Also on exact pricing at the Wiley site, I just noticed they pulled pricing. Its because until we flip the switch on the 2017 product as “live” we can’t display the prices even though we know what they are. Its just an e-commerce operational thing. I’ll ask analyst forum if I can post full 2017 pricing here. Hope that helps and always reach out to me directly for any questions. My personal email is christian.cooper.us@gmail.com. I’ll help anyone, anytime. Christian

Also, I have the GARP official 2017 program already and am working around the clock getting it ready. The public will have the LOS soon. A few significant changes but I’ll take care of you, don’t worry.

@Christian your products might be greatest of all…I can’t confirm as I haven’t used your products as yet…but the only problem with your products is abysmal delivery schedules. You must do something about it.However good the content may be but late delivery is still not done. Your content was supposed to be ready by November exam…but it’s still not ready as yet.

I hear you. And we fixed that. That was 100% my fault, I really did not understand how much work it takes to get about 3000 pages through editing, review, type-set and production. Our posted delivery schedules this second year will be very transparent and based on updates, not a full revision like we had to do in year one. I hear you.

Dear Christian,

I would like to know what was the price of the full-package ( questions, notes, video and everything ) for 2016 FRM level 1 materials.

Full price with no discounts is 495 for absolutely everything.

Hi Christian,

Several of the reviews on Amazon also mention typos and mistakes in the practice questions & solutions. Is this issue being addressed for the 2017 update?

They are. We hosted an errata document online but that requires a candidate to be proactive so I am pushing Wiley to email all candidates with errata updates and not go look for a solution for themselves online.

Hi Christian,

When would your program for FRM part 1 2017 be ready along with pricing? Also, I have mailed you a query to your personal email. I will wait for your reply.

Same question here, when will this be available? If it’s not too expensive I would like to give this a try. I like the CFA format, I’m hoping this will be the same. So more info on pricing/format would be welcome.

Well, I personally wrote all of the FRM material so it has my “voice” that will be distinct from the WIley CFA product but the format is the same: study notes, question bank and online vidoes.

I have a been given a release date by Wiley but prefer to say it is VERY soon instead of an actual date. I do know that Part II will release later than part I though. I think the full retail price for everything is 495 but there is usually a discount after first rolling it out.

Christian, thanks for the update.

I particularly like the nicely constructed Syllabus in the CFA Level 1 Review (that’s what I meant by “format”). Gradually going through, ticking off the boxes, following up with more material - old Schweser notes, old but still relevant and overlapping FRM material, youtube videos etc. - to go deeper.