ZNGA

I’m pretty torn here. On one hand I hate their games and their (old) business model. But, getting into online gambling changes things.

I know we’ve had this discussion before, but I couldn’t find the thread. Basically, I strongly believe online poker will be back in the US in the near future (1-2 years). As we saw with Full Tilt and Poker Stars there’s a ton of money to be made…a little bit less when the business has to be run legitimately, but still a huge market.

There’s substantial legislative risk, but I’m okay with that. My problem is I hate Zynga. By getting the licensing out of the way they clear a major barrier to entry, they have the online infrastructure to do it…Really not sure what I want to do here.

Purely a speculative play on legal online poker. Do I enter into a position in a company I loathe to gain access to an industry I love? Perhaps a small position…

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2012/12/06/zynga-said-to-initiate-nevada-gaming-license-process/

don’t know but if zynga ever starts offering ol poker i expect them to mother full tilt.if they offer real money transactions through facebook they might even catch up with pokerstars.

^ agreed