How often do you check on your personal investments?

I average maybe once a month or even less frequently since my personal portfolios are managed (mostly) passively.

Every day. Every minute. What’s the point of having money if you can’t admire it lovingly?

Things I actually hold: Weekly, perhaps less.

Things I don’t hold but had opinions on and didn’t pull the trigger because I’m a coward: Daily, perhaps more.

In my retirement account, once a month. Although I do have a general idea of the performance because I am aware of what the market does on a daily basis.

too frequently. the iphone app with stocks makes it too easy. some people check facebook, i check my stocks

I check it via Mint daily to ensure not sketchy activity is going on. But rarely look at the actual returns and such.

+1

+2

My retirement funds i will check monthly, my PA i will check daily.

Probably six times a day. I used to have streaming quotes but somehow my company killed that.

+1, especially the facebook bit. If you type the letter “F” into my address bar… the first website to come up is finance.google.com, not facebook.

I try not to let the checking of my positions affect my original judgement, but I can’t always help it. Plus… having some skin in the game and keeping abreast of my holdings and company specific news has made me a generally more aware investor and I like that.

I usually check twice a day, on the journey to work, and the journey back from work. If something incredible has happened and I am up and ungodly amount, I can get off the train and not turn up to work. If I check on the journey home and something bad has happened, I can thank the lord that I still have a steady job.

PA is throughout the day, via bloomberg PORT screen. Retirement accts is monthly though I see the underlying holdings daily.