Currently One of the Easiest Short Trades?

what you say bro? do the charts tell you the market is an easy short today?

This - LAKE - was the easiest short trade. Too bad i have 30 day holding restriction .

If you could get borrow, it doesn’t get a lot easier than that. APT was at least as good of a short as LAKE but basically the same thing, just more expensive and a follower on price.

is this true on LAKE?

Institutional ownershipThe percentage of shares outstanding held by institutional investors such as pension plans.">Inst. own 29%

It is true but that doesn’t mean much. It is 58% retail owned.

Stopped out or holding strong?

I could never get a borrow on it, so no position, but if I were short I wouldn’t close it here. It could go up for a minute but who cares. Retards are trading it (“tards gonna tard”), it will end up going back to the depths of mediocrity from whence it came, just a matter of time.

LAKE - just enjoying it 15 mins of fame. Up there until the news papers have something more interesting to talk about.

Also, GoPro…who ‘really’ needs it?

Yeah it’s just the idiot trade of the day along with all the other ebola names. In 1-4 quarters, no one will care about these stocks at all and most of them will be at new 52 week lows. God bless the stock market.

Amazon.

Yeah I just said that.

Although not an easy one.

yeah, the problem with Amazon is that it’s almost like a household name now and it’s very hard to keep going short on it. I feel like retail investors will just the stock because it’s an amazing company for customers (not necessarily for investors) so one may have to wait a longtime before the short position gives a juicy fruit.

I don’t know.

Forever loss making ?

Wasting hundreds of millions on retarded projects like that phone ?

Surely this is 2014 and all and revenue growth is all you need but this company is burning piles of money.

I agree, amazon needs to do something about making a profit. Certainly not sustainable this way. Whole heartedly agreeing with you on that.

What I wanted to point out is that fact that at this moment, the company is so deeply knit with / used by the US consumers on a daily basis that a short seller may face short squeeze before his/her profit from short position can be properly realized. So certainly not an easy trade, like you said.

Have fun shorting AMZN!

Long AMZN.

It seems like it would be hard to short something that has multi-decade open-ended growth worldwide even if it has a high multiple. No real opinion on AMZN specifically but I think there are probably easier places to look. There are literally hundreds of stocks in the market right now that are objectively worthless. Why not short one of those?

bro CEMI got ebola today? lol

Hmm I don’t know that one, thanks for bringing it up. It’s too small to short now but worth watching. There was an oral HIV test stock fraud in the mid-to-late 90s that eventually went to zero. This might be a real company, not sure… it has different people involved and the share count is low so maybe it is real.

yea its a real company selling a real product. wanted to see how the market would react to a real company getting in on the ebola craze

LOL dude, real companies usually don’t do as well as the retard stocks because they are often run by real guys with no capital raising agenda, and hence, aren’t crazy promotional. It can take real companies 3x+ longer to get the moves fake companies can get but the moves are sustainable and lower risk. You could probably make a lot of money day trading, but you could also get carried out in a body bag (most people do). The game is pretty stacked against short-term hot money to begin with (between algos and lying insiders and investment banks). Slow and steady wins the race.