Nestle : Negative yield now in Corporate Bonds

Nestle’s bonds just fell in that territory.

Now it’s the secondary market but imagine the roadshows of the next Nestle bond offering.

“Nestle AA bonds provide institutional investors a low-cost deposit alternative”.

WTF.

Anyone whose a bond trader, go east - in words of an experienced colleague, EM bonds desks are very much alive and kickin ass

That’s a pretty scary development.

How is the **** does one invest in a market like this? That’s what I keep asking myself

^^

Don’t know man.

Dividend Blue Chips should be replacing Investment-Grade bonds for any investor in his right mind.

Maybe companies will start paying (receiving) negative dividends. Stash your cash in P&G’s equity for the low low cost of 5bps! Steal of a deal!

^ lol

Very scary indeed. I feel confident the R2K will likely be down this year. Typically it’s down every 3 years. 2011 was the last down year but it was basically flat. The last real down year was 2008 and the market definitely feels like it. I find at least 2-3 shorts a day without even trying (today I found two and wasn’t even at my desk for most of the day). Longs that make sense are really a whole lot harder to come by.

Basically, this s–t cray. Blame the Fed.

Also, to answer your question: Lending Club

That’s what I like to hear, since I work in PR for LC :slight_smile: How is your portfolio going?

I guess being the world’s most evil company really lowers your cost of capital.

Nestle is sketchy, but not the most evil. There is a long list of more evil firms.

^Meh, they are trying to grab the rights to all the fresh water in the world. They’re basically the bond villian in Quantum of Solace but there’s no Bond to stop them.

What about Monsanto.

There are also no mediocre Bond girls and terrible plot to result in one of the worst Bond films of the modern Bond era, but yeah we basically agree.

Went to cash at the end of the year to move capital over to the new fund structure. I had a very good 2014. 2015 is going to be interesting.

They feed the world. General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin would be high on my list. Or how about tobacco firms?

Monsanto feeds the world ? Are you fuk’n kidding me ?

Tell that to a farmer.

So folks hate Monsanto for being a leader in their market? I don’t see how Monsanto is any different than pharma or other patent based innovators. At the end of the day, advances in agricultural science are necessary to feed the growing world population. If you want to go do this for charity be my guest, but I wouldn’t condemn someone from making a profit on developing a higher yield product or what not. And for every farmer that belly aches about Monsanto, I’m sure there are a few sitting back enjoying a scotch and thinking about the profitability of higher yields. Play the game.