Debt Analysis

I would like to learn about corporate bond analysis.

I would like to know if there are any sample spreadsheets out there I can learn from.

ok thanks.

This guy has been posting this site on all kinds of threads, looks like he is just trying to drive traffic.

i know the book below is well regarded, but I’m not sure if it’s what you are looking for

http://www.amazon.com/Distressed-Debt-Analysis-Strategies-Speculative/dp/1932159185

Character, collateral and capacity. Now go buy some bonds.

You missed a couple

The five Cs of credit are:

-Character -Capacity -Capital -Collateral -Conditions

Fabozzi told us everything we need to know about fixed income.

Spreadsheets? Yeah you can do rate shock models on your portfolio, calculate yield to worst, all that fun stuff. And think about the 5 Cs as mentioned above, do you really want to lend these people money? That’s the question.

okay sounds good thanks guys.

thanks purealpha. all these spreadhsheets are in bbg already. wow way to go bbg.

corporate bond is difficult for a newb like myself.

If I look up 13124FAB6 on Bloomberg, how can I tell how much they pay in coupon and what is the rate on it?

Fixed income is hard, there are endless obscure bonds, so when you pull one on Bloomberg you need to sniff around all the parameters and see what makes it tick (call dates, adjustable rates, conversion options, weird hidden shit). BB will definetly show yield and coupon, but I don’t have a terminal anymore. :frowning:

alright thanks man

I will dig this on my own this morning.