Risk parity

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-03/infamous-risk-parity-blow-explained-one-chart

The comments are literally painful to read. I wonder where these people come from.

That’s what I’ve always wondered?!

Zerohedge people are just too creepy weird, seekingalpha are a bunch of amatures…analystforum is the best thing going I guess.

I’d say Corner of Berkshire and Fairfax is a wee bit higher quality

I totally agree- the people are wackos who comment on the site.

but having said that, there are a lot of great posts. The main guy is pretty spot on with his market analysis.

Sometimes they predict two opposite events and then when one of them happens, they refer only to the correct past post.

and other times the posts are just absurdly biased. I skip those and focus on the market commentary

You do know there are several Tylers right? ZH is a media outlet just like any other news site.

And, yes, don’t read the comments.

Yep, several Tylers.

Only a few of them write good stuff though. I feel like you can tell which one is writing each article based on the topic–one focuses on important fast paced news like the Boston bomber commentary, another focuses on Treasury auctions, another one knows the ins and outs of the Fed Reserve.

On the topic of risk-parity, I think it’s a horrible investment philosophy unless you’re Ray Dalio. And even then, it’ll be interesting to see what happens to Bridgewater’s returns in a rising rate environment.

Reading white papers from consultants like NEPC on risk-parity is comical. The cherry picking of data is so obvious it’s almost impressive.

id guess hes in short term ig bonds.