FOSL: Do you wear a watch or iWatch?

Over the weekend I was researching Fossil after its spanking on Friday. I’m curious how many AFers wear a watch and also if anyone has an iWatch? If you have an iWatch, are you impressed with it? My take on the iWatch is that it’s basically an expensive 2nd screen for an iPhone but I could be wrong.

I´m always wearing a watch, and my favorite brand is Fossil. Sometimes I´m a little clumsy, hence I don´t want to wear a more expensive one. iWatch is out of question for me, I try to limit the use of smartphone etc to the minimum.

I tried to get into wearing a watch recently but I find myself going without more often than not. I agree with your assessment on the iWatch. Generally for the past 3 years I have been hearing the tech media say that smart watches were going to be “the next thing” but even including the iWatch I just dont see them catching on and gaining mass adoption in the market. The only people I know with iWatches are my bosses who are like mid 30’s, not tech savvy people, and buy all apply products.

I wear watches, but I wouldn’t wear that Fossil low quality stuff. My view on retail is these low quality but ‘fashionable’ premium brands are at the greatest risk in a slowdown.

I wear a watch every day and doubt I’ll ever wear an iWatch. But I also thought iPads were a dumb idea, so there’s that.

You are not alone on the iPad. My mom bought an early iPad and I told her I would never use one. Now I use one almost every day.

I was surprised to learn that most of Fossil’s business is making watches under other brands (Michael Kors, Burberry, etc.). In fact, Michael Kors branded products represented 26% of the company’s revenue last year. That was a little scary for me.

I’m curious, do you wear a watch for utility, fashion, or both?

Both watches seem like a terrible idea.

Never worn a watch.

I like the tech aspects of the iWatch, but can’t bring myself to spend $350+ on a watch that’s guaranteed to be obsolete in two years.

I have friends that have iWatches and they say the experience is awesome (quasi-magical), though of course they have to have iPhones to pair them with.

I happen to have some other watches that I like to wear - some more formal, some more casual - so one issue I have with the iWatch is that if I use it for the tech aspects, I pretty much have to abandon using any other watches – you can’t pair the watch with your outfit, unless you are going to abandon the tech magic.

Finally, I don’t want to have to recharge my watch every night or be kicking myself all day for having forgotten to do it the night before.

But then you go into the store and they do seem very fun to play with.

i own a Fossil but never wear it. i can’t bring myself around to wearing a watch. too clunky and weird feeling. would never consider an iWatch.

Ohhhh you will…I promise…

Was expecting you to say you wore one on each wrist tbh

I have a watch and I almost never wear it. It’s from the 2000 Micron PC.com bowl game between Minnesota and NC State. The teams got them in their swag bags from the game and a friend on the team gave me his because I asked to borrow a watch one time. I don’t wear it because I’m a baby and it pulls the hair on my arm. Also, because Philip Rivers absolutely torched my favorite team and so wearing a cheap watch to remind me of a miserable game 15 years ago seems unnecessary.

no i won’t, seriously. the idea of a “phone-watch” is stupid as it is redundant and has limited if not zero unique use/functionality and will fall by the wayside in the near future. but then again, i’m the guy who says that smartphones will be obsolete in the next couple of decades so take from me what you will. i pray that we are not hunched over with our faces in our palms and wrists forever.

You need a smaller watch. The trend over the past few years has been towards rediculous looking flava flav time peices. Standard sized watches (but not so small it looks like a women’s watch) are the way to go. My friend has the 47mm Shinola Runwell and it just looks like a clownishly sized timepeice. Great if you’re 22 and trying to make some weird statement, not so much as an adult.

I wear a not expensive Triwa Nevil Blue Steel (I know, the name) just as my daily beat around watch. It’s 42 mm, with a cloth band, very low profile and not intrusive and gets tons of compliments. Doesn’t look as blue on the wrist as the product photos, you can check google image for a better perspective.

http://triwa.com/en/watches/blue-steel-nevil

I wear a watch everyday and I own 3 fossil watches. I use to sell them about 10 years ago when i was in HS. They have excellent quality and even a 10 year warranty on the time piece. Replacing a battery is $10 every 2-3 years and they have a lot of good styles (sporty,fancy,casual etc…). fossil’s price range of $75-$200 is perfect too. It was the easiest watch to sell for me.

I have two nice(ish) watches and no longer wear either of them. I really didn’t even realized I stopped wearing them until recently. If I need the time, I look at my phone.

That said, I do kind of miss wearing them. Maybe I’ll break them out again.

so my buddy was looking for a breiting bc he wanted to show off. this was like 5 years ago.

the sales ladt convinced him to go with the gold face, sides and bracelet-this was when gold was at all time high.

she told him that gold will go to $2000/oz and his watch will appreciate plus its a breitling.

so 5 years into the future his watch depreciated because gold went down hahah

that watch is mad heavy he has lot of gold on/in it