Public companies that make "personal safes" - lock boxes, etc.

With NIRP taking hold, just wondering if anyone knew of any public companies that made personal safes. Like the ones you see for personal, consumer use.

Checked out DBD, but those are massive ones. Just looking for companies that sell the smaller, personal ones. Don’t see any public ones so far. Maybe I’m not looking in the right sectors.

Most people who factor the cash hoarding elements of NIRP into their investment thesis seem to favor Folgers.

just buy gold. I think that’s the easiest and safest trade on all this NIRP global meltdown

Deflation will not be kind to gold IMO. People point to the great depression and how well gold did there - but that was when gold and USD were interchangable. No gold standard = cash becomes more valuable. Gold is just another asset when all asset prices are declining.

Outside of major crisis and rush to safety (gold), I feel it will perform like other precious/base metals and commodities during a deflationary spiral.

^ I’m not so sure. In deflation, gold has positive real yield. Hmmm…

You have to think about who buys gold. Anything that makes fiat look bad (deflation, unexpected inflation, hyper-inflation) makes gold look good. It’s not about how gold does (it doesn’t do anything. It’s a rock). It’s how little faith the buyer has in fiat.

Well if I have to pay 1% to hold fiat, then I’ll want to hold something else as my cash reserve.

I thought this was going to be a thread about Apple and the FBI. If I owned a safe, and I don’t have the key, can the government force the manufacture to open it? I asked the manufacture nicely, but they said that is not within their policy. If a customer doesn’t have the key, they’re shit out of luck according to the world’s most profitable safe company.

^get biometeric safe

Nice thinking by the way, on seeing the potential increase in demand for safes. The boys from Liar’s Poker would be impressed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo-essays/2016-04-08/luxury-german-safes-doettling-photos

thats what I was thinking

Watch, this will be another million dollar idea I had go up in smoke because I can’t execute on it…

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-29/safes-sell-out-germany-savers-lose-faith-banks

if you have a year to open a safe, you’ll open the safe. haven’t you seen heist movies?