Peru

anyone else looking into Peru?

the President is an ex banker who by all acounts knows what hes doing. country is growing above 4% and expected to increase growth

the only ETF i found is EPU but its so top heavy.

I doubt that there are many alternatives. From my experience, many emerging market country ETFs are concentrated in like 20 positions. There are not of large, liquid companies in a lot of these places.

One investment proxy might be the currency of that country. EM currencies tend to be positively correlated with local asset prices, since foreign investment demand tends to coincide with growth.

Serious micro stuff, like buying real estate or microlending, are probably too much trouble.

Summoning Harrogath…

I went with Brazil EWZ earlier this year going into the expected Rouseff impeachment.

Never given Peru a serious look. EPU seems to have a similar return line, same mgmt fee, but fewer names, less AUM, less yield, higher P/E. Maybe there’s some awesome thing about Peru which would lead one to them instead of Brazil, dunno…I had to look them up on the map.

ive been reading about the president. he is an ex banker which is a huge plus imo.maximize profits amiright6?

I think it is a benefit to the extent the President can think in terms of economics and is pro business.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-20/a-wall-street-veteran-is-revving-up-peru-s-economy?utm_content=business&cmpid=socialflow-facebook-business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

bump…the etf doesnt impress me much.

any thought on other peru plays? BAP seems the only decent name out there…