Penny Stocks

Does anyone here trade in penny stocks? How risky is that? IS there any website or newspaper where we can get the information about the company and stock which are trading less than $2?

I used to make $2 rips trading penny stocks for JT Marlin.

yeah my license plate says “2 RIP”… seriously though I do not trade penny stocks, never have, and most likely never will…unless I just wanna sound like a bigshot by telling people I own 100,000 shares of XYZ…

They are priced like lotto tickets for a reason. That said, I’ve dabbled a few times for fun. No serious money involved, ever.

any stock tip you get in your email is a scam. just saying

I’ve often wondered if the arrival of an unsolicited email about a stock works as a contrarian indicator.

There are many scams amongst those low priced stocks but don’t let the price alone scare you from buying a stock. I bought a copper mine for 40 cents that I sold for $9. The share price was irrelevant. It had $1.50 per share in reserves when I bought it. I have been buying another penny stock that used to trade at 25 cents. It has $1 in oil & gas reserves. It files with the gov’t and is legit. Who cares what the share price is?

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have been buying another penny stock that used > to trade at 25 cents. It has $1 in oil & gas > reserves. It files with the gov’t and is legit. > Who cares what the share price is? … and the ticker?

UGOBK and UFOOL

I personally know someone who became a multi millionaire buying TIE over a 4 yr period.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There are many scams amongst those low priced > stocks but don’t let the price alone scare you > from buying a stock. I bought a copper mine for > 40 cents that I sold for $9. The share price was > irrelevant. It had $1.50 per share in reserves > when I bought it. > > I have been buying another penny stock that used > to trade at 25 cents. It has $1 in oil & gas > reserves. It files with the gov’t and is legit. > Who cares what the share price is? Where do you get the information to research?

Diaz Resources is the company name. DZRFF.PK Trades for 29 cents. The reserves value, as audited net of debt, is over $1 per share. You can call and talk to management on the phone. They will blow so much hot air up your arse you will float like a balloon, but in the end, they are not scammers.

“any stock tip you get in your email is a scam. just saying” solid advice in 1998…now these emails are completely legit. don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

LOL.

smn - tsx venture

Don’t just pump a stock!? at least make up a story. Damn.

I bought some shares in Diaz a few weeks ago. Purely a speculative play for me.

Have a friend who played OWC for a while after it went bankrupt and before reorg.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-prosecutors-charge-6-with-running-500-offshore-money-laundering-scheme-1410285363

I didn’t really want to move this to the Investments forum – trading penny stocks is the antithesis of _ investing _ – but the only alternative was the Water Cooler.

Against my better judgment, I put it here.