205 today!

hoping to hit 215lbs this year

I’m 205 as well. But the wrong kind of pounds. :smiley:

haha time to get CFAvsMBA’s Oxymagic system cleaner

When I read the title of the thread, i thought you were up to 205 HCBs.

I actually know a guy who keeps an excel spreadsheet of all the women he slept with (age, nationality, cup size, etc.). He was at 139 last I heard.

205 pounds on what? Bench, I’m guessing? Do any finance people squat or do any real man exercises?

haha not HCBs or Bench - just weight, people. wait and you might weigh ok in the end with the weight. just wait.

I maxed out at 215lb benching back in college. Nowhere near that now. After stopping weight training for just 3 weeks, you can feel your muscles turn to mush. It’s hard to keep strength at its peak without a lot of hard work

yeah bra, 205 with one hand although I can’t quite top out the max as high as aleksey

Do pushups. I went from doing most of the Olympic lifts to just doing pushups and cardio (sprinting, distance, etc). I do about 100-150 pushups 3 days a week. Doesn’t take long and I think I look better. Pushups hit your entire core.

yeah def

pushups are awesome because they are a consistent measure of your fitness level, while being very convenient on vacations or places you can’t find a gym

I would lift weights more often if only they weren’t so heavy…

I will consider working out the day I see someone smiling while exercising

y do men worry about weight? you can gain weight by adding muscle right?

Kim K is very picky with men…kinda depressing…

I havent exercised in 3 months, all my hard work on dl, cleans and squats down the drain :-/

Agreed

I may not be smiling, but I love running. When I have the time, it’s always one of the most enjoyable things I do in a day. I’ll stop exercising the day I envy an out of shape person.

wtf is a gym? or workout for that matter?

Until I switched gyms to xsport (big mistake), I was doing starting strength then greyskull. So, yeah, I was doing plenty of “real man” exercises.

Of course, I would probably argue that “real man” exercises aren’t done in the gym. I’d think they’re more along the lines of plowing fields, tipping cows, carrying a dead deer carcass on your shoulders, or drinking alone.

Different definitions of what a “real man” is I guess.

Funny, from teh 1883 book “How to Get Stron, and How to Stay So”.

Morning Strength Training

1. On rising, let him stand erect, brace his chest firmly out, and, breathing deeply, curl dumb-bells (each of about one-fifteenth of his own weight) fifty times without stopping. This is biceps work enough for the early morning.

2. Then, placing the bells on the floor at his feet, and bending his knees a little, and his arms none at all, rise to an upright position with them fifty times. The loins and back have had their turn now.

3. After another minute’s rest, standing erect, let him lift the bells fifty times as far up and out behind him as he can, keeping elbows straight, and taking care, when the bells reach the highest point behind, to -hold them still there a moment. Now the under side of his arms, and about the whole of the upper back, have had their work.

4. Next, starting with the bells at the shoulders, push them up high over the head, and lower fifty times continuously. Now the outer part of the upper arms, the corners of the shoulders, and the waist have all had active duty.

5. Finally, after another minute’s rest, start with the bells high over the head, and lower slowly until the arms are about the position they would be on a cross, the elbows being always kept unbent, liaise the bells to height again, then lower, and so continue until you have done ten, care being taken to hold the head six or more inches back of the perpendicular, and to steadily face the ceiling directly overhead, while the chest is swelled out- to its uttermost, Rest half a minute after doing ten, then do ten more, and so on till you have accomplished fifty. This last exercise is one of the best-known chest-expanders.

Now that these five sorts of work are over, few muscles above the waist have not had vigorous and ample work, the lungs themselves have had a splendid stretch, and you have not spent over fifteen minutes on the whole operation. If you want to add a little hand and fore-arm work, catch a broomstick or stout cane at or near the middle, and, holding it at arm’s-length, twist it rapidly from side to side a hundred times with one hand, and then with the other