"Women's choice of men goes in (menstrual) cycles"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/376321.stm

"Women are attracted to more masculine-looking men at the most fertile time of their menstrual cycle, psychologists have shown.

During the less fertile times, they choose men with more feminine-looking faces. These are seen as kinder and more co-operative, but less strong and healthy genetically."

I figure some people here might appreciate some Pro Tips.

I’ve heard stuff like this before. There’s also an impact from birth control since it messes with the hormones of the menstrual cycle.

This is true. A girl I was with would be a total hornball during that time of the month. Such torture.

Yup…cant tell you how many shirts/pants I’ve ruin becuase of this. After I’m done cussing them out their usual response is " Bae I was just spotting" …bitches

I was thinking about this from a strategic perspective. That is, different times of the month are advantageous to different categories of males.

I suppose the timing data might be difficult to obtain. Not sure how to ask about this sort of thing.

ew?

haha, wow… it goes to show how much the average dude knows about how women “function”

The most fertile time of the month is during ovulation - the icky part doesn’t come for another couple weeks after that.

I’m all of a sudden reminded of dumb comments by old guys in power (magical rape-sperm killing uterus, etc.). It’s all sorcery down there to most dudes, isn’t it?

It’s an inefficient market.

In english, it means they want FRIENDS during less fertile times, and ALPHAMALES during fertile times.

I’ve noticed that the more feminine the woman, the more masculine they want their man.

This research isn’t really new, although I’m not sure if it’s been replicated. It does seem to make evolutionary sense, although plenty of things that would make evolutionary sense aren’t in fact evolved.

I think the interpretation is that when a woman is more fertile, she is willing to exchange sex for “genetically superior seed” (I know that sounds awfully clinical, but I don’t know many clear ways to put it). It is a little tricky to figure out how she knows the seed is clearly superior, but there may be subconscious processes at work there, plus chemoreceptors. When she is less fertile, she’s more willing exchange sex for support and companionship.

The interesting thing is that relatively few species have females that engage in sex outside of their fertile periods. It isn’t just female choice, some males will not interest themselves in a female unless she is emitting the proper pheremones (especially true with insects and I believe many fish). It was once thought that humans were the only species that regularly had sex outside of fertile times, but bonobos and other primates do use sex for social bonding, and dolphins are also known to do this.

I’ve always thought one of the interesting things is that humans are one of the few species (perhaps the only one, though dolphins and whales and some primates might be able to do this a too) where males and females can say to each other “I like this, do more of that, or do it this way,” and therefore make sex more of a pleasurable activity, rather than just a reproductive one.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. All these guys flattering themselves about their masculinity because the study shows why they’re hooking up with girls during the messy part of the cycle, when that’s not even the one week fertility peak the study was referencing. Lol, delusion.

I find it hilarious how everyone is so focused on being “alpha” or whatever. It just sounds like stupid, Tucker Max wanabes to me. I think people are happier when they don’t try to define themselves according to other people, which the term “alpha” implicitly does. Also, pickup artist stuff only works on dumb hos you could get anyway if you have anything going for you. Screw alpha and beta, I’ll be omega…see where that gets me.

Ok.

So a “market timing” strategy would work here?

Market timing for the male point of view.

Remember, from the female point of view it’s diversification.

(BTW, I’m just having fun juxtaposing market-analysis with the dance of love)

It’s been a while, but last time that happened, I had to use ‘OxyClean’ on my mattress. And then the girl’s VISA expired and she went back to Ireland. OxyClean works.

Go figure, I thought most chicks would welcome a daily dose of “the veiny footlong” regardless of their cycle.

I think… it’s not really a metaphor if you say something as blatant as “veiny footlong”.

^ Yeah, my bad. Damn it, if I aspire to get an AF board seat I need to check my posts to avoid such unnecessary quotation marks.