"Study Shows Baldness Can Be a Business Advantage"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443862604578032541863652264.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

“In all three tests, the subjects reported finding the men with shaved heads as more dominant than their hirsute counterparts. In one test, men with shorn heads were even perceived as an inch taller and about 13% stronger than those with fuller manes. The paper, “Shorn Scalps and Perceptions of Male Dominance,” was published online, and will be included in a coming issue of journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.”

“The study found that men with thinning hair were viewed as the least attractive and powerful of the bunch, a finding that tracks with other studies showing that people perceive men with typical male-pattern baldness—which affects roughly 35 million Americans—as older and less attractive.”

So, bald > full hair > balding.

“According to Wharton’s Dr. Mannes—who says he was inspired to conduct the research after noticing that people treated him more deferentially when he shaved off his own thinning hair…”

No confirmation bias there, I am sure.

I think it also depends on the shape of your head…if it is a full intelligent head…baldness may be quite imposing.

Interesting study. Time to shell out the Vin Diesel/Stone Cold look.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

“men with shorn heads were even perceived as an inch taller and about 13% stronger than those with fuller manes”

stopped reading right there.

Bahahahahahaha! Saw this in my LinkedIn feed of course posted by a 100% bald Indian dude.

Depends. I think baldness needs an older mature guy to give them the look of power.

Younger guys with shaved heads generally are dbags. especially the ones in finance

I must say, Ben Bernanke would look less authoritative without the bald head and beard.

^ True.

Imagine if he had Ryan Seacrest’s hair.

The same for Paul Volcker and Alan Greenspan. Maybe that’s a requirement for Fed president.