9-5 Winter Depression?

I’m pretty optimistic but every winter I get a little depressed and consider starting up my own business, leaving nyc for another state or country, leaving the finance industry, ect. I was wondering if anyone else gets similar feelings in the winter -

Well, seasonal depression is more common than major depressive disorder, so I’m sure there are a lot of people with the winter blues. Only a few weeks more, and it’ll be warmer again. NYC can be particularly harsh in the winter, since you usually ‘walk’ everywhere as opposed to driving along a snowy field in New England, etc.

We all do. Lever up some Vitamin D and St. Johns Wort. Get Sam-e if you really need a re-up.

move to hobbitland…much happiness awaits you there…(new zealand/aus)

Thats why I don’t live in the north anymore. Winter sucks.

Yeah man, I’m in Pittsburgh and I’ve been sleeping a ton and stress eating these past two weeks. Winter blues and grad school interview stress. I drank an entire jug of OJ in one sitting last night.

I get these year round, but more so in the winter.

FTFY

I drank an entire jug of OJ too last night. Haha.

Me three! Word.

I’m getting long Orange Juice futures.

Yea, i definitely get seasonal depression. For me, consistently exercising and eating healthy mitigates it a bit.

One of my roommates goes tanning during the winter like once every couple weeks and swears by it. Fake warm sun is better than no sun I guess. Haven’t tried personally but worth a shot.

Misery loves company so i’m glad to hear it. I work out a cray amount but that endorphin release is short lived once the alarm clock goes off. I hate the north east too but my gf swears by it (totally diff topic that i dont even wanna discuss). In any event, i guess ill buy some oj and try and get some sunlight if, or when, it stops raining.

This reminds me of Trading Places…great movie that happen to be on TV over this past weekend.

My brother once purchased me one of the blue led lights when I used to work euro-hours. I carried it in its pouch like a dork on the subway, and I thought my brother would be sad if I dropped it, and it broke, and I would say, ‘Oh no, my blue light!’

Yes. It is normal to feel disillusioned and disinterested in the winter. However, generally, people become re-motivated once the bonus hits their bank account.

never knew benji franklin cures depression

Move to Southern California… it rains 20 days a year and 55 degrees in the morning is considered cold.

I’ve considered it - in fact i was staying at the St Regis in San mateo recently and I came close to the point of no return.

That’s why people quit if their bonus is bad. Bonus is the reason they go to work. Without it, their job sucks.