IIWE - College Football

If I Were Emperor, I would change college football to resemble a cross between the English Premier League and Texas high school football.

STRUCTURE OF LEAGUE - It would have a similar structure to the English soccer structure. You would have the top tier, call them the “A-League”. It would consist of the 32 best football teams. It would be divided into four conferences of eight teams, called the North, South, East, and West. If you place in the bottom of your conference, you drop into the “B-League” and the top four B-League teams move up into the A-League.

There would be a B-League and C-League and D-League, too. Once you drop out of/move up into a league, you can’t drop out/move up for two years, to prevent teams from constantly moving from A to B to A to B, etc. But by being able to move between leagues, it would be possible for even the smallest junior college to compete with Oklahoma and Alabama (if they were good enough).

SCHEDULE - Each team would play five “preaseason” or “friendly” games (you could play whoever you wanted). The last seven weeks, you would play every other team in your conference. Your conference record determines who is #1 and #2.

PLAYOFFS - All the #2’s would play the #1’s in the first round of the playoffs. (All games at a neutral site.) Then you would re-seed (like the NFL), and keep playing until you had a national champion, just like every other playoff in the world.

I think Emperor Greenman’s system would reduce a lot of the stupidity that is the current college football farce.