Happy Star Wars Day!

May the 4th be with you!

And today is Revenge of the Sixth.

BTW–the title of Episode 7 has been released.

Star Wars: The Sith Hits the Fan

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1267279

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/06/ea-disney-star-wars-games/

Bump.

May the 4th be with you.

Bump.

Bump.

@Itera–how did that picture get by me for two years? Good one.

Looking forward to Rogue One.

Agreed, finally saw The Force Awakens last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Rogue One should be good.

Annual bump.

Looking forward to the next movie.

are the new movies any good?

I was disappointed with Rogue One. Most of the main cast was over acting, and the one interesting character, the Spanish guy who had a moral dilemma about killing people, didn’t really have any development. Also, what was the purpose of the two Asian guys, other than for token diversity and marketing to Chinese audiences? The best scene from the trailer, where the Tie Fighter chases not-Rey, was also excluded from the actual movie. However, what bothered me the most was that many of the main characters sacrificed themselves to send a message to the Rebels about something they would have done anyway.

It’s still a decent movie, and the spaceship battles were quite entertaining, even if there was one profoundly stupid moment that was pivotal to its outcome. It is just best to approach it with tapered expectations, as it is quite clear that it did not receive nearly the emotional (and likely financial) commitment of the main Star Wars movies, nor is there a sense of plot development, since everyone knows what happens in the end and the film’s characters are ultimately not that important to the fictional universe.

This guys saying he doesn’t like star wars…

I actually liked Rogue One a lot more than Force Awakens. The bar is low though, and its measured in terms of rewatchability. I can rewatch Rogue One (skipping over parts of the first quarter) without being too bored, whereas in SW7, I find my self skipping to the action sequences and being annoyed with the plot, characters, casting, etc. That movie would serious suck if there were no Jedi involved. Where Rogue One excels is the tempo and action sequences. The story line is mediocre and the motives of the main character are a bit far fetched IMO. The other characters are held to the quest by rather loose connections which hurts the credibility of their conviction. It feels like this band of misfits suddenly become altruistic for no reason, putting their lives on the line to destroy something they could have avoided easily. Suspending believability and assuming everyone was suddenly converted to the rebel cause, it provided a lot of good action, visual gems, easter eggs, and excellent space battles. I can’t emphasize the last point enough. Also. Vader.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

I would have loved to see a trilogy of Rogue One characters as a Rebel spec ops team than the turd that was SW7. They got me warmed up to the characters and then took them all away. I guess they had to to emphasize the sacrifice but there was a lot of potential and goodwill built into those two hours that they just flushed away.

+1 to the guy from Vanuatu

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/health/darth-vader-hospital-tech-trnd/index.html

Image result for may 4th jedi holiday some of us work meme

#MayTheFourth