Hacksaw Talk

What’s the deal with this hacksaw gag? I’m a lurker at heart and don’t understand the placement for hacksawing in various threads.

Well Quantjock_MBA, before we tell you, we need you to tell us from where you got your MBA?

It’s a meme which embodies the elitest tendencies and worldviews of certain posters. If something is viewed as inferior or beneath a “BSD” level of success/cool, you get the hacksaw ready.

At least, that’s how I interpret it. CvM is the trail blazer of the AF lexicon and Itera is the spokesperson for the world views symbolized.

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, there was a heated discussion about MBA rankings and whether various tiers were “worth it”. In the midst of this discussion, it was claimed fecitiously that anyone not going to a top 10 school should take a hacksaw and cut off their junk, as they were not worthy to reproduce. This was then revised as necessitating a rusty hacksaw, and the threshold was further revised to be top 3, and currently, top 2. It has now spread to applications involving anything unelitist. There you have it.

I second this motion. You don’t need to say the name, just tell us if it’s Over/Under a Top 2 Program.

And if you dont tell us, then we’ll just assume it’s a hacksaw anyway.

At one point, mine was hacksaw proof based on the ’ Full Time International ‘Economist’ rankings. I have no idea what strings they pulled to get that.

Now using FT rankings… and well, my career in general (or lack therof), I’ve run through about 50 hacksaws since october.

It’s the new HCB.

I hereby declare this as the best thread YTD. I call for a vote for sticky status.

Frankie was an odd one, though. I think the Kim K thing was creepy ha ha

Frankie must be rolling in his grave.

RIP Frankie. I hope he has found 72 HCBs wherever he is.

I didn’t go to Harvard or Stanford. So now what?

You go on with your life…A little less prestigiously, but still.

hacksaw, sorry brah

correction -> Rusty hacksaw

Dude, if its not Harvard or Stanford, you have to chop your penis and balls off in disgrace with a rusty hacksaw.

^ This. Make sure you get the whole unit under the rusty blade when you’re hacking away.

I find this term very offensive. Do you consider a CFA Charterholder should get the Hacksaw? I would bet many not-top-MBA-holders would think so.

That’s a good question. I think if you work in back office or IT and have the charter you should hacksaw yourself.