AF Hall of Fame

Here’s an idea. How about having an AF hall of fame where a select few posters are inducted every year?

To be on the ballot, you would need both a minimum amount of years as a registered member and a minimum post total. Those that get inducted on their first time on the ballot will be considered first ballot Hall of Famers. To get elected, a poster would need a minimum amount of votes from fellow posters (75% of votes?). Posters can vote for multiple people on the ballot.

There could be space dedicated on the site to the Hall of Famers with a brief bio of their contributions to the site. The term “Hall of Famer” will also be mentioned next to the poster’s name.

A poster will be permanently removed from the ballot if after some time (15 years?) he/she has not been voted to the AF Hall of Fame.

This is a clever way to remember our best contributors for eternity.

I think a better way would simply be a thumbs up or down system for each post.

This would be hugely helpful in so many ways. your hall of fame thing, potentially banning or deleting of posts, rankings by thumbs up (and a separate one by AF points)… etc

The points leaders on the side bar is kind of the hall of fame. Everyone on that list has been a solid contributor over the years in one way or another IMO.

I don’t think i’ve ever seen JoeyDVivre post…and he’s second only to bchad

Hah point leaders are meaningless, we need a trending posters. I havent been active in ages and probably still top 5

that’s because he was super active in the past (years ago past) but not anymore

You’ll likely drop out of the top 10 by the end of the year.

good suggestion, would be interesting to see the results.

I think this is a terrific idea. I’d like my bronze bust mailed to me in my dopp kit.

I’m surprised the interest level isn’t higher.

There’s no way you 2 veterans are dropping out of the top 10 this year. Your most serious threat is palentir and he is a grand away.

How the hell do you guys post so much? I’ve been here for prolly at least 3 years and I doubled my AF points the no fap thread and I still don’t have crap for posts.

s2k mite get 10k posts this year

I do very little actual work most days.

You and RTH are within 500 posts of csk. Now that I think about it though, can’t recall seeing RTH in a while.

thumbs up on the thumbs up idea yes

I’m already in the top 10, so me passing CSK won’t get him off the list. RTH posts in spurts.

My post per day ratio is low. I’ve been here for over 6 years. It’s longevity in my case.

Who is this Bleron guy? And why does he get so much cred around the AF community?