Recommendation Letter From Harvard Grad

Will a glowing recommendation Letter from an old harvard masters program graduate get me into harvard??? assuming my other shit is up to par? Plus I have a burgeoning startup.

hacksaw or?

Maybe if you send in five separate applications, it will boost your chances.

I can’t provide input, maybe a few here can, but you’d probably be better off checking out BTG:

http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/category/tags/mba-admissions/recommendation-letters

http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2013/10/28/how-to-crack-hbs

No…but it probably wont hurt you.

Probably not. There are a ton of harvard graduates, getting a rec from one doesn’t really tip anything in your favor.

It could be incrementally helpful because if they went to HBS, they likely have an understanding of the school’s standards and culture and thus the recommendatino would be reliable. It would be helpful if you’re on the line and need a tipping factor, but otherwise not so. Best to get a recommendatiom from someone that knows you and has observed you carefully in a professional setting.

He’s on my advisory board and well respected (pretty much a leader) in the area we work in… I know it’s just a tipping factor.

Are you going to be able to manage your burgeoning startup while doing a FT MBA at Harvard??

As for whether the recommendation will help, Harvard people are known to have extra special respect for other Harvard people, so presumably it will help somewhat.

Reminds me of an observation/joke: how do you know if somebody went to Harvard?

He or she will tell you.

Why would u want to go to that pos place?

^ a L1 Candidate with 3 posts blazing out of the gate. Respect.

Signed up for this test the other day and boss told me to get on this site. Looks like the watercooler is the only place worth visiting.

Wow, have you figured out your boss’ username yet?

^blake

Nope but after reading a bunch of these threads it could be BGAC

Get back to work, or Ima gone fire 'yo azz.

Why the apostrophe before yo?

note: Also I call shenanigans…You’re already using “BGAC”?

Is his name on one of the buildings on capmus? If so, absolutely. If not, probably not.

I feel like master’s program graduates are like the stepchilds of university alumni. They are not regarded as legitimately affiliated to the university, compared to undergraduate, MBA, or maybe even law school alumni. I think the issue is that there are so many different master’s programs with varying cultures and selectivity. So, it takes more to prove that you are part of “the club”.

Totaly my boss. #pantiesinabunch