FAO people who know a bit about nutrition and the human body

Looking around everywhere so i’ll drop it here too. I’m going to be doing this wierd thing called GOMAD where you drink 4l of milk a day for 2-3 months to get to your desired weght and then stop.

I have no doubt i’m going to experience some weird sides but i’m hoping that since it’s just for 2 months nothing will be long lasting.

I’ve also read that humans stop producing lactase by the time they reach adulthood so basically i’ll have nothing to break down all this milk and i might have to take lactase pills. Any inputs?

This sounds weirder than no fap and power of oneness combined.

Good luck bro

oh my days! You gotta worry about all the estrogen in milk dude… You’ll be growing moobs before you know it!

This sounds like a prank… drink only 4 liters of milk a day? This is really something that I would try to convince people to do for fun. Although, to be fair, it is probably more nutritionally balanced than drinking only juice. Mammals do survive on milk for part of their lives, after all.

You should probably know by now if you are lactose intolerant. If you drink a glass of milk, do you get diarrhea?

I was going to post a long detailed response explaining exactly why this is not a good idea, but I figured I’d save everyone’s time and just say… this is not a good idea.

There are no shortcuts. Except steroids. But don’t do that either.

Mark Rippetoe, who came up with the lifting routine Starting Strength, suggests to skinny teenagers (who can’t gain weight) to drink a gallon of milk a day (GOMAD) on top of their regular diet and to follow his Starting Strength routine to build muscles.

So unless you are a skinny teenager who has trouble eating, doing GOMAD is pretty stupid. Besides, if you do GOMAD without going to the gym and following a proper routine (by proper routine I mean doing a full body routine at least 3 times per week with compound movements –squats, deadlifts, OHP, barbell row, bench press), you will only gain fat and no muscles.

My advice is don’t do GOMAD, if you want to gain weight here is what I suggest:

1. Compute your TDEE: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  2. Add 20% to the amount of calories you obtained in step 1. This is the amount you need to eat on a daily basis.
  3. Track the calories you consume on a daily basis as well as your macros (Protein, Carbs, Fat) to reach your goal in step 2. It is extremely important to do this step and not to cheat. Aim to consume 2.2-2.8 gr of protein per kg of bodyweight and 1-2 gr/kg of fat. Consume the rest in carbs to reach your daily calories intake.
  4. Go to the gym and follow a proper routine. I assume you are a beginner lifter so you can do starting strength, strong lifts or ICF 5x5 (I would suggest doing ICF 5x5: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063 ).
  5. Your goal is to gain 2kg per month. If you gain more than that, decrease your calories intake. If you gain less, increase it.

Ever hear of the gallon challenge?

Think of the spluge you’ll be shtting out every day.

I drink a glass milk at least 1x a week, sometimes 4x. I think I’m on the higher end of milk drinking. I didn’t even know people did this…

That shit is nasty fool. Drink water.

Thanks for your input, i really appreciate it. However i’m not really concerned with putting on muscle…I just want to get back to my optimum weight and as long as my face doesn’t sag and i don’t get a double chin and i don’t get a gut i’m fine with it/

I’m going to be pretty active, I cycle about 20 kms a day plus i play a sport in the evening. So there’s the cardio +1 Hr of gym in the mornings. I don’t think he’ll let me do compound exercises, just the simple ones working with weights.

Maybe not 4litres of milk a day but i’ll definately be drinking at least a litre a day and see where it takes me.

Nope.

spluge is shit? Yes i think diarrhea will be one of the sides. Let’s see how it goes for a month

He’s trying to gain weight.

Why not just increase your calorie intake? Find out how many calories you need to maintain your weight (start here). Most doctors will tell you you shouldn’t aim to gain or lose more than 2 pounds a week. One pound equals 3,500 calories.

Figure how many calories you should eat per week = (cal per day to maintain weight x 7) + 7,000. Keep a food journal to keep track and you’ll start packing on the pounds.

Gaining and losing weight is pretty simple stuff. Just comes down to calories.

Whether your goal is to put on muscle or lose fat, the training is generally the same - lift weights. It’s the diet that determines whether you’ll lose or gain weight. So still follow this guy’s advice, but in Step 2, just switch “Add 20%” to “Subract 20%.”

Im now eating Bfast, Lunch and Dinner properly with a couple of snacks in b/w and a fruit ball every day. I can’t eat more than that. If i keep it up like this it might take me a year to get back. I’ll add a protein shake to the above after about a week.

In two weeks i’ll slowly scale up till it’s a litre of milk a dayin addition to the above and see where it takes me…

Does water not have weight? U Baboon

^lmao.

on a side note this sounds kinda dangerous. post your progress

You mean the dozens of emails currently in my junk mail guaranteeing me a fabulous shape with only 15 mins of training a day is a scam?

You should nail down 4 litres of beer a day. That will be much more effective in causing weight gain.