Investment Banking Division

Turns out someone sent my resume to my company’s IBD, and they want to set up a phone interview. I’m very amused because it’s random on so many levels. Seriously though, how do these things work? Do they ask you about DCF, balance sheet, and stuff like that? I want to do the call, since it seems like it would be an interesting experience, but I also don’t want to look bad, because this would reflect poorly on my contact in the division.

Best of luck cheeky

How do you feel about sleeping with your phone on? Describe how you would handle a 100 hour week. What is your transaction experience? Describe both cost/revenue synergies (hint, revenue synergies are usually never considered in real life). What are the main valuation metrics (comparable, DCF, LBO, etc) and give an explaination of each. Compare and contrast NI with EBITDA, FCFE, FCFF and CFO.

Questions to ask them?

What are the size of your deals? How do you source deals? What % of deals get done? What other implications do you consider when doing deals (family legacy, location, reputlation, etc)? PE Relationships? Financing relationships? Is this job considered M’n’A’in on the Buyside? CFA vs. MBA? Etc.