Can I Have Somebody Gamble for Me in Las Vegas?

I know that you can get away with it. I’m asking, can I legally have somebody who is physically in Las Vegas gamble on my behalf?

Under current law, only people located inside the state can play on its sites. Even that wasn’t allowed until three years ago when the U.S. Department of Justice offered a new interpretation of the Interstate Wire Act of 1961, which prohibits the use of wires to place bets. In 2011, however, the department opined that the law only applies to sports betting and does not apply to Internet gaming within a state.

If online gambling remains restricted to those who play within New Jersey, it probably will be a $266 million annual industry starting with its first full year, said Adam Ozimek, senior economist at Econsult Solutions.

how does the gambling in new jersey work? do you have to have a physical address in jersey or do they keep track where your ip is from? what if i register that i live at my friends house in hoboken and log in in nyc could i still play online?

Igor, what’s happening in Ukraine? Are you part of the opposition?

No idea…

I assume you can’t have a “registered agent” acting on your behalf in that state or gambling would essentially be legal for everyone… as you’d anyone could sign agreement for a “registered agent” in that state to bet what you want on your behalf.

My understanding, from talking with a compulsive gambler who lives in Philly, is that you have to first register with an NJ address and they also track your IP. I imagine it’s not all that difficult to get around if you really want to.

I’ll do it for you little cubby. All I ask is you bet like a high rollar and cut me a small %. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy the perks, comps, shows, drinks, and HCBs while I make you rich.

Just get a VPN out of NV.