Answer it for your self.....In which layer do you belong???

In his influential paper of 1943, A Theory of Human Motivation, the American psychologist Abraham Maslow proposed that healthy human beings have a certain number of needs, and that these needs are arranged in a hierarchy, with some needs (such as physiological and safety needs) being more primitive or basic than others (such as social and ego needs). Maslow’s so-called ‘hierarchy of needs’ is often presented as a five-level pyramid, with higher needs coming into focus only once lower, more basic needs are met.

Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs

Maslow called the bottom four levels of the pyramid ‘deficiency needs’ because a person does not feel anything if they are met, but becomes anxious if they are not. Thus, physiological needs such as eating, drinking, and sleeping are deficiency needs, as are safety needs, social needs such as friendship and sexual intimacy, and ego needs such as self-esteem and recognition. In contrast, Maslow called the fifth level of the pyramid a ‘growth need’ because it enables a person to ‘self-actualize’ or reach his fullest potential as a human being. Once a person has met his deficiency needs, he can turn his attention to self-actualization; however, only a small minority of people are able to self-actualize because self-actualization requires uncommon qualities such as honesty, independence, awareness, objectivity, creativity, and originality.

So in which layer do you belong??Do you think you can achieve self actualization??

I think i am at a combination of esteem and love/belonging but trying to achieve self-actualization.

But if you get to self-actualization does it mean you don’t need friendship and family as motivation? i don’t know if i ever want that…

WTF is this sht you keep posting.

Here, I’ll put it in AF language.

BSD same as below but has FU money to boot

President/Partner/CxO same as below but smashes HCB

Managing Director/VP may or may not have MBA/CFA nor do they give a fck

Senior Associate/Analyst who has MBA from a top 5 and CFA

Associate who passed L2/3 who did a top 10 MBA

Analyst who passed L1 or got into Top 20 MBA

BOM with a hacksaw MBA

IT studying for the CFA

Epic.

+1

I came here from the pecking order thread, and I’m glad I did.

You only aim for self actualization when your social needs are already satisfied (leaving aside a few cases)

The pyramid is a good model, but it’s not as clear and cut. There may be some unhealthy people who don’t have sex and yet have creativity, problem solving skills and lack of prejudice. Many of the oldest, smartest BSDs in the world may have something in common with that description.

Damn i am at the lowest level OUCH

As i said you don’t always need to satisfy all the layers to reach the top layer.

Right at the top and getting better everyday, I don’t think this journey will ever be complete.

I find myself on stage esteem but I still scheme to get this cream,

trying to stack these chips to help others that id never demean,

got the job family and crew blowin off steam while I live the suburban dream,

assets accumulated with fresh whips that’s constantly clean,

sig sauer for security with the flashlight hollowtips and that infrared beam,

maslows hierarchy of needs JCOLE is 4th level or at least it would seem.