NFL Free Agency

WTF is wrong with the Dallas Cowboys? They release one of the best pass rushers in NFL history, and seem to let half of their already-depleted defensive line go. Yet they continue to hold on to a 34 year old quarterback who is going to count for at least $10m in cap space this year.

For the record–I am a big fan of Romo. I think he’s probably top-5 in the NFL, which is pretty good, considering that Manning and Brady are in the top 5 of all time. But at 34 years old, I don’t know why Mr. Jones continues to mortgage the Cowboys’ future on him.

Romo has one playoff victory to his name, there are more active QB’s with Super Bowl wins, so I’d cool it with the top-5 stuff. He’s above average, I would give you that.

The personal decisions of that franchise have fallen tremendously since Jerry has decided to take on the role of GM.

^Okay. Give me five that are better. Payton, Brady, Brees, and…?

Both Rodgers and Flacco have rings.

Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan and Newton. I would also take Luck or Stafford over Romo if I’m looking for more than a year or two.

Rodgers–forgot about him.

Flacco is not a better QB than Romo. He just doesn’t have Mr. Jones making the decisions for him there. Ditto Matt Ryan. Ditto Roethilsburger and Rivers.

Don’t know about Cam Newton. He was good last year, but it’s hard to tell if that will continue into the future.

Stafford probably has a better future because of his age, but I don’t think he’s got more talent. Ditto Luck.

Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, and Wilson.

1. Manning

2, Brady

1. Rodgers

2. Brees

3. Luck

4. Roethisberger

Cam Newton has had nothing but good years. Wilson is nothing more than a game manager. If he had been drafted by Buffalo, he’d probably be lucky to still be in the league.

Name me one WR made famous by Romo. Owens was already a star before he arrived in Dallas and Dez Bryant would put up similar numbers with Rex Grossman throwing to him. Miles Austin? One hit wonder Witten? May be but he is a TE Now look at guys like Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers

There may be only 4-5 QBs that 100% of people would agree are better than Romo, but there are at least as many QBs that people would argue are (just)/(at least) as good as Romo.

He’s clearly not part of the highest tier, which I think is the point.

I’ll give you these four guys. But I’m not convinced that anybody else is better than Romo. You could argue some, but it becomes conjecture beyond the aforementioned four.

And like Higgs said, the supporting cast (including coaches, GM’s and owners) has a lot to do with it.

lol flacco is million times better than chocker romo. 11tds - 0int in playoffs. suck it tony romo

Anyway–this wasn’t intended to be a Romo vs. other QB debate. It’s supposed to be a general thread on free agency.

Like the arms race between the Patriots and the Broncos. I don’t know if there are any other teams in the AFC anymore.

Hard to believe that Romo is already 34. I remember his botched snap like it was yesterday.

Newton is a great fantasy QB. I believe he is the QB with the most fantasy points during the last 3 years in most fantasy formats.

You know Romo was glad he got injured last year so he did not have to endure losing another play-in game.

yall cowboy haters need to follow this page

https://www.facebook.com/BlackAdamSchefter

The only thing the Cowboys have for them is their cheerleaders.

And the big TV at midfield

Has anybody else been to Jerryworld? I’ve been, and it really is a sight to behold.

If you’re in the D-FW area, you really should take a tour. I think it costs about $25, and you get to go into Mr. Jones’s personal suite, the Cheerleaders’ locker room, the players’ locker room, etc. It’s really pretty cool.