12 Years a Slave

Just watched this the other night. Thought it was good and am not surprised it won best picture, but I really don’t see how Lupita Nyong’o was best supporting actress. She wasn’t bad, but her screen time was very limited and there was nothing about her performance that I found special. I have not seen the other nominees’ performances, but find it hard to believe that there was no one all year who gave a better performance.

Question: If your dead spouse’s ghost possessed the body of someone who is the same sex as you, would you let them fondle and make out with you, like Whoopi Goldberg/Patrick Swayze in “Ghost”.

I didn’t mind seeing Wolf of Wall Street losing to it. It was solid.

Because the story happened a century and a half ago, it’s difficult to find what parts of the film were accurate or dramatized. Especially relating to his death.

The true story of Itera’s former associate?

I have no problem with the movie overall, I just didn’t see anything special from the actress who played Patsy.

Still not seen it. The story seems too depressing.

300 2 was the worst shit iv’e seen ever. Wtf was a horse doing as a ‘secret weapon’?

^ Some chick at work told me that 300 2 was the best move she ever seen in her life. I don’t trust her taste in movies. You’re not the only one that says it was $hit.

Eva Green was the only redeeming feature in the movie.

I have not seen the movie, but I am skeptical that skinny raccoon chick can convincingly kill a bunch of Gerard Butlers in hand to hand combat. Will reserve final judgment for now.

She’s a navy general.

Besides swordfighting is an art, not that hard to imagine. I think she only fights in one scene though.

And since we are in garbage movie season check out need for speed while you’re at it.

Could have written this exact same thing in 1998 and it would have made perfect sense.

CvM, what’s your take on this?

I’m going to guess he’ll say something like, “any brotha stupid enough to get himself caught like that deserved it.” Then he’ll use a coupon at 7-11 for a free hot dog.

^ I’ve never seen the movie. Is it in Redbox?

I’m couponing like a mofo. Just this weekend I emailed walmart to get a price difference adjustment on a new kitchen knife I bought. Sure it’s only $3, but it’s the principle and I ain’t gonna be taken for a sucka.

Na’Mean?