Membership Application - Reference

Been a while since i’ve been here…

I am filling out my membership application and i had a question about references that I’m hoping somebody here can answer really quickly.

for the supervisor reference, does the supervisor have to be a Charterholder? I’m guessing the answer is no but want to confirm with you guys.

Also, I just joined the Chicago society and I’m hoping theres someone over here from the same society that I can provide as a reference…

Thanks.

No, the supervisor does not have to be a Charterholder.

thanks higgmond!

I guess the next thing i need to do is figure out if someone on this forum who belongs to CFA Society Chicago can be my reference…

^ Can’t help you there, I’m NYSSA.

no worries Higgmond,

Is there anyone here who belongs to the CFA Society Chicago who can help me out and be my reference??

Sorry. I could help you if you wanted to join the Dagobah Society, though.

is is true the nyssa holds a lot of event during the day?? how fuking stupid is that no one can freaking attend.

they better be charging some low membership fees

^ It’s not only NYSSA. It’s as if they don’t want the employed to show up.

I dont’ work in the city, so I don’t go to many events. Having a couple of toddlers at home though, I’m actually more inclined to go to events during the day than ones after work.

Yep. Even though my company pays the membership fee, I decided to not renew it as it’s just a waste of money. I wasn’t impressed with those couple events I attended. So they called the other day to my work and were extremely pushy trying to convince me to pay the fee again. Ugh I wish I could just hang up.