Yoga

I have to say, after hitting it hard for a couple of months of crossfit, yoga really opens things up and makes me feel great - both physically and mentally. i’m curious how many of you meatheads mix in yoga every once in a while.

@rawraw - maybe you can explain why yoga carries such a great psychic benefit. am i tapping in to my inner eternal well spring or some such nonsense???

I hate yoga.

I do it to stay flexible. Though I feel way out of place next to all the cacausion cardio bunnies.

I don’t do yoga, but I imagine that regularly hanging around in a room where fit women in tights do stretches in close proximity can be beneficial to one’s mental state.

I’ve only every gone with a significant other, but I do think people (especially xfit people) tend to neglect mobility. I’ve enjoyed yoga in the past, but due to time constraints I find it easier and more effective to just try and do 10 minutes or so of mobility a day. For example, I have some issues with my left shoulder so I always stretch that out, and I"m always tight in my hamstrings/lower back so I stretch those all the time.

Yoga originated from kamasutra and will make u a better lover.

yoga is ghay go play some soccer

Best exercise ever, imo.

Sarcasm I hope? As a lifelong soccer player, I don’t think the sport of “foot fairies” is a solution. Yoga will humble you if you’ve never tried it.

I used to suffer from a stiff back, Yoga really helped me there.

I used to do hot yoga and found it very relaxing and good for joints and flexibility. Also, it seemed to be that there were a number of women in my class that were wearing the infamous, “defective” black luon Lululemon pants. Not that I was complaining, of course…

I’ve only done some as part of the P90X workouts. Yoga had me sweating more than anything else in that program.

Yoga. Come for the lululemons. Stay for the benefits.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I think most of us who have tried it went initially because of the scenery but realized it actually has some merit. I dont believe it should be practiced as a stand alone routine unless you are older or recoverying from an injury.

Above the mma gym i train at is a yoga studio and sometimes after practice a bunch of the fighters will attend a class to increase their flexiblity, and of course to show off our wounds to the women.

Am I the only one who is afraid that the cardio bunny in defective yoga pants bending over in front of me will let loose a nauseous cloud of gas?

My inner perv overthinks things and ruins it.

Love yoga especially inversion poses.

Have you tried the pose where you lie down flat on your back. Someone puts a chair over your head. And you lift up you legs and place them above your head and onto the chair. Like folding in half in a way. That was the best one I tried.

I do that without the chair.

I only tried yoga once. I was wearing the “defective” lululemon pants. They asked me to leave and never return.

I kind of liked the support of the chair - helped stretch the spine better I thought