Edupristine's Greatest Hits

It’s getting so bad that it’s actually comical.

Q: Folks who have attempted mock exams, which ones did you use/plan to use?

my priority in descending order would be :-

1. Past Exams -CFAI -AM- how far back? 3 to 4 years?

2. Past and current year mocks -CFAI-PM

3.Schweser or Finquiz… Those who have used either or both may please give their feedback

Edupristine’s answer:

You should properly utilize the time practising the mock tests , practise questions and sample papers of CFAI . Since close to one month left you should priotise your study according to the time availibility

Q: is it that hard to beat the market consistently? I met this guy today and he said he has being getting 30-100% returns for the last 7 years, No losing years.

Edupristine’s answer:

Making a return of 30-100% for the last few years is possible . Pls check the credentials and then believe in the seminars

Q: I am a level 3 retaker. I did very bad in the morning, but very good in the afternoon. Some people are telling me that I have to know the “key” words in order to get correct answers in the morning and get full marks.

Does someone knows what are those “key” words ?

Edupristine’s answer:

In the morning session of essay type I think the examiner will focus upon the main keywords . Here the keywords are the main concepts or words that best suit the answer . So if you do those keywords right then rest is the theory you can build upon

Yes, Edupristine posts wacky stuff, but let’s lighten up on the personal attacks and mockery.

If Edupristine posts incorrect stuff, go ahead and correct them. Have a chuckle if you must. But we don’t really want AF to be a regular hangout for cyberbullies.

I’m not cyberbullying anybody. All I did was post the question and his reply.

I’m unfamiliar with this person. He should wander over here and drop some knowledge about how to best prepare horse.

You’re inviting the AF crew to mock a member publicly. Cyber bullying might not be the perfect word, but it’s something we don’t want to encourage here, given that the site is useful in part because people can ask questions that might sound newbieish or dumb.

Edupristine is in a tricky category. It appears that they hold themselves out as some kind of tutor or prep provider, while the quality of their contributions doesn’t seem to be up to the standards that one would hope for from a tutor or provider. Still, there is the possibility that this is a language issue, and if the courses are given in heir native language, they will be more precise. So it is important that if something they post reads incorrectly, it gets corrected.

But my concern as a moderator is that this kind of mockery of other members starts to be percieved as generally ok, and then new members become afraid to contribute for fear of mockery. That’s the line I’m trying to draw here.

I think we should have a “best of rahul” thread. At first, I thought he was a bit weird, but now I like him a lot because he seems so innocent and sincere.

Edupristine is on this forum purely to advertise their products. I once participated in a free webinar and quit after 5 minutes because they guy’s accent was so thick I couldn’t understand. I now get emails once a week telling me how much I need them despite attempting to unsubscribe.

Greeny the bully!

I haven’t seen them do much advertising here. I don’t see them saying “take my free webinar” after every or even most posts. So while their presence is probably for advertising, it doesn’t appear to qualify as spamming (though maybe I have missed the spam posts, and your challenge of being unable to get off their mailing list does sound annoying). i don’t have an issue with people who say, “I took their course and didn’t like it for X, Y, and Z” reasons. Or people who say “I’m not very confident in what that course would be like, given what they’ve said here.” Im more worried that this just becomes the way we begin to treat anyone who doesn’t sound brilliant in their posts. There red have been a few instances in the past where we’ve done it: qbeee, and I think we had an anti-Blake thread at one point. But even though I could enjoy those - and might privately enjoy this thread here - it still shouldn’t be what AF should encourage. Someone has to say that, and so I guess it falls to me. (EDIT: The Blake case is interesting, because he was so antagonistic to so many members here, it seemed reasonable to allow members to draw support from each other to push back on that antagonism. My general philosophy is that one should be allowed to defend oneself and answer attacks with attacks of one’s own, but one shouldn’t be in the business of picking fights.)

I think ‘doesn’t sound brilliant’ is a bit too forgiving no?

but on greenie just posting quotes without any commentary or remarks, I see nothing wrong here. if someone progressed it further to disparaging/hateful remarks or anything that violates our AF rules, then that would be out of line.

I have seen, broadly, four types of posts from edupristine:

1. Merely reiterating answers already given by other posters
  2. Giving answers that are categorically incorrect
  3. Giving answers that are non sequiturs: they use the same language as that of the original poster, but they suggest that the reply has focused on key words and not on the content of the question at hand
  4. Giving answers that are germane and accurate

Occasionally, I respond to posts in categories 2 and 3; the rest I leave be.

It’s one thing if a person is a 19 year-old college sophomore saying, “What should I major in? Is CFA right for me?” and they sound like an idiot in two or three posts. When a guy claims to be a prep provider and almost every post is some nonsensical crap that adds zero value, usually doesn’t even answer the question asked, and is generally some nonsensical crap, that’s a different story altogether.

I basically agree with this, which is why it’s not a rule. But the thread was very likely headed in this direction, and I wanted to signal that it’s just not a good idea to go this way.

Similar to the idea that it’s not illegal to point a gun at someone without cause, it’s just illegal to fire it. But it’s still not a good policy to point guns at people, even if your initial intention is not to fire it.

Bad analogy. Brandishing a weapon is illegal, unless you’re doing so in self-defense. And shooting a person isn’t necessarily illegal either, when done in self defense.

OK, bad analogy, (I was kinda expecting someone from Texas to correct me on that :slight_smile: ) but you get my basic point.

And if the thread degenerates into “edupristine is an indian and all indians are evil hairy vaginas” then it probably deserves to be nuked. But simply to draw attention to some hilariously off-the-wall posts is, in my opinion, not exactly Blake-like.

Edupristine is a Indian “tutor”.Indian tutors are generally very greedy Rhinoceros with very thick skins.You can fire bullets of insults at them but they won’t be hurt.

The only way to hurt Indian tutors like edupristine is to hit at their “bottom lines/profits.”

Edupristine has never responded to any insults which they have faced on this forum since a random guy on AF trolling them will not reduce their profitablity.

Greenie is correct again, pointing a gun is assualt (threat of violence). pulling the trigger is battery (physical violence).