Annual CFA Conference

Anybody going?

CFAI conference?

Where is it?

It’s next week in Seattle. I’m going. Basically want to find out from others who are the must-see presenters.

http://annual.cfainstitute.org/

You guys don’t read your CFAI emails?

I generally auto-delete those.

I do get the occasional chuckle when I see John Rogers in the headline, and am reminded of qqqbee.

Every auditorium in NYC was booked that day?

why not vegaS?

^ They don’t want charterholders gambling away their annual dues.

Then no. My company wouldn’t pay to fly me there. If it were in NYC or Philly, I’d probably go. And no, I generally don’t read CFAI emails.

Just returned from the conference and I’m really glad I went. I thought most of the speakers were top notch and that CFA Institute produced a really first class event.

The hotel kinda sucked

I didn’t go this year, but I went in Chicago and Boston. Definitely a first class event with top notch speakers. I plan on attending Frankfurt next year and I’ll definitely attend Montreal in 2015.

Do you guys get your company to cover the cost?

Yup.

Same here. Was quite pleased to read that the German Society will be host next year. Hope to pass L3 and get the charter awarded until then!!!

I’d be up for Frankfurt. Need to find out if they cover the cost here.

I doubt I’ll get airfare covered from my new employer, but I may just tack this onto a vacation, I have tons of points to fly anyway. If they give me conference fees + a week to attend, then I’ll be there.