Batman vs. Superman

So there’s a new movie coming out in 2016. Supposed to be a sequel to the really shitty “Man of Steel” movie that came out recently.

Two questions about this:

1.) We’re fresh off the heels of “The Dark Knight Rises”, and Christopher Nolan’s films have totally blown away any Batman movie that ever came before it. Why try to reinvent something with such a high bar?

2.) In what universe is Batman able to defeat Superman at anything? He doesn’t even have any superpowers.

I think it’s supposed to be a Superman sequel, but Batman appears. Why make this movie? Because money. I can’t wait until Superman vs. RoboCop vs. Jurassic Park.

Bat man is self made super hero.

Super man is power gifted super hero.

In Frank Miller’s mini-series (comics), The Dark Knight Rises, Batman defeats Superman. The movie is very loosely based on these four comics.

^why are batman and superman fighting each other?

I think you mean the Dark Knight Returns. I think the narrative of that comic was that Superman was naive and idealistic, so he ultimately failed. Superman was weakened after diverting a nuclear missile and also tried to beat Batman without really hurting him. Superman then lost to Batman because these values were unpractical in the real and gritty world.

(Takes off robe and wizard hat).

^Yeah, you’re right, it was the Dark Knight Returns. I have that in my basement somewhere…

It takes place several years in “the future” after Bruce has retired as The Batman. Superman is essentially a tool being used by the President (damn you Obama). Batman comes out of retirement to show the injustice in using a basically invincible superhero to do your dirtywork. The Pres orders Superman to kill Batman. Batman makes some gloves out of kryptomite and wails on Superman. (The actual winner of the fight could still be said to be Superman since he did more bodily harm to Bruce than Bruce did to Clark, but through the fight Bruce proves his point that Superman has lost his way and is being used by a dickhead President (seriously, thanks a lot Obama).

This is not a spoiler, as the producers of Batman vs Superman have stated they will not follow this narrative.

Are we honestly having this discussion? If you are going to compare Batman to Superman you have to include all of Batman’s weapons / tools as part of the Batman discussion. Clearly, Batman would just make something that would instantly immobilize Superman and that would be the end of it. This is not even a real discussion, let’s try to be serious here.

Also, just for the record, the real failure in Man of Steel was they needed a much, much hotter Lois Lane. That was a huge letdown IMO. Amy Adams? GTFO

Why do we need a movie adaptation of Dark Knight Returns (not that I’m even sure that it will be based on this) when there’s already a DC Animated Movie that follows it pretty exactly. Pretty much all the best recent DC stories have been made into animated films (or episodes of shows) anyway. That being said, I’d love to see Alan Moore’s Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow as the last Superman film they do for this iteration.

The biggest problem with this upcoming movie will be that it will be made by Zach Snyder. 300 and Watchmen were good, but Sucker Punch and Man of Steel were bad (though Man of Steel was at least watchable compared to Sucker Punch). I’d have more confidence if they let J. Michael Stracynski write these films.

I’m more optimistic about Justice League, but again one of the best Justice League stories ever made is already a fantastic Animated Film (Justice League Doom). Maybe that storyline where Wonder Woman kills Maxwell Lord for mind controlling Superman and it gets broadcast around the world.

I hate Batman. Mainly because his fanboys always make up some caveat that allows him to beat any opponent under specific conditions. “Oh batman knows his weakness so he would just take the fight to this place, or carry some of this item blah blah”.

I refuse to talk to anyone that rates MOS more than a 5 out of 10.

I like him because he fights for the 1%ers.

Why is everybody messing with the Batmans???

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2EikOsQmtk

Recommend that we terminate this thread before it devolves into Superman vs. Goku, Hulk vs. Thor, etc…

this thread is a troll… smiley

^^TMNT vs. the Power Rangers (although the Pink Ranger was pretty cute…)

^Megan Fox is in the new TMNT.

^Yeah, but that’s exactly backwards. Megan Fox should have been Lois Lane, and Amy Adams should have been April O’Neil.

Maybe I have a warped view, but I just don’t see April as a hottie. She should be more like a run-of-the-mill reporter.

^Lois Lane is a bull dog. Megan Fox is a femme fatale.