What kind of wasteful spending do you do?

Me:

-$7,000 business class ticket to Asia because I can’t bear the thought of flying 18 hours in coach

-$4,000 to get a couple pipes in my bathroom repaired because I was too lazy to get multiple estimates

-$10-15 a pop for the dry cleaners to repair broken zippers, buttons, etc, because I don’t want to do it myself

-Throw away quality silverware that has even the tiniest of stains because I am OCD like that

-$50 per month for a landline that I never use

-$100 per month for storage space in my building’s basement for junk I should just throw away

I spend a lot of money on cats because my wife insists that we only feed them premium food. Per unit of weight, that stuff is more expensive than canned human food (tuna, etc.).

75k on “entertainment services”. good thing I write it off

Too much on rent just b/c I must live in a prime area.

Too much on food b/c I refuse to eat like a peasant.

Alcohol.

Fitness - Boxing, jiujitsu, crossfit and a regular gym (which of course is a luxury gym).

That said, I plan moving soon and cutting my memberships in half. Though it’ll probably just go to the middle two :confused:

Join the club buddy. We all pay a premium for a good piece of pussy.

Are we talking about wastefulness or indulgence?

• My car gets 17 mpg of premium gas.

• Golf 3 or so times a month adds up.

• I have an affinity for high-end electric guitars (last year I bought a Collings I-35 LC, this year I’m having a Kauer Banshee built), amps, and pedals.

• I do make up for it in a lot of other areas though. I’m good about doing all the home maintenance stuff myself.

Food, clothes and shoes…and I’m not a chick.

I spend a lot of time on AF. Almost all of it is a waste.

I had a brief phase during level 2 of getting a cab to work. Like maybe once or twice a week. In hindsight that was fucking ridiculous considering that it’s a 30 minute walk.

same as OP , I’ve taken to accepting initial quotes without shopping around much when I used to put in the work and always get the best deal for everything. CFA has made me lazy

+1

My new year’s resolution for 2015 is to leave this site.

Don’t do it. You’re a voice of sanity and contrarianism.

I am generally rather frugal in day to day expenses, but I spend a lot of money on craft beer. Like the $14 12-pack of delicious IPAs I bought tonight for no reason other than its my one night off of L3 studying. (full mock exam tomorrow! FML.)

I spend money really sporadically to be honest. But aren’t we all a little crazy about money in our own ways?

• Tom Ford Suits
  • 5th Ave Apartment
  • Eating at resturants every night (w/ wine pairing)
  • Bottle service

^ BSD.

My indulgences are AAA tenderloins a little too often, and golf.

$14 for a 12 pack? Move your ass back to Canada and then try to bitch about that.

Hah. Knew that would get a Canadian to say something. And that was a 12 pack of craft beers. What’s a 12 pack of generic stuff in Canada now, like $20?

^ give or take a few dollars. A six pack of decent American craft beer runs about $12.

I still don’t understand how in Ontario a store owned by the two largest beer makers can be the only store (other than the government owned liquor store) to be allowed to sell beer. Recently they have been shoving propaganda commercials down our throats showing how convenience stores can’t be trusted to sell beer.

You roll bro? Do you get your ears drained or do you just own it?

I have a similar arrangement but i wouldnt call it a waste. I eat a lot of food but its all high quality so that ish gets expensive. I belong to a mma gym and a weight training gym (similar equipment as a cf gym but tailored for power as opposed to reps) and a bsc subsidized through my firm.

^^

Caulis don’t mix well with funnance types, bro. So I’d say he wears a headgear.

Manufactured spending: I charge up a few thousand in gift cards every month, earn points on those cards, then transfer those gift cards to my bank account… and do this over and over again without actually spending money except for the gift card fees.

Sounds like arbitrage?

http://thepointstraveler.com/beginners-guide-to-learn-how-to-travel-for-free-with-miles-and-points/intro-to-manufactured-spending/

too much spending on strippers and prostitutes.

I cannot stop. The girls in Russia are from another planet.