Reflect Your Respect

https://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/qatar-urges-tourists-to-dress-modestly-when-coming-to-town-for-the-world-cup-142115247.html

Cliff Notes Version: The Qatar Islamic Cultural Center wants fans at the 2022 World Cup to respect Islamic culture and not dress like this:

Sexy World Cup Fans (104 pics)

Thoughts?

cant find the full video, check it out if you can find it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pF464PngD8

I think these anti-fun policies should be a consideration in choosing the venue for the next World Cup.

No. Just no.

Can’t stop looking. Guess I’ll just avoid reading the replies.

Qatar wants to cover up HCB’s at the World Cup? Sure, I’ll respect Qatar by not attending.

Too distracted by the pic to know what this thread is about.

not sure what’s happening here. I just stared at the pic for a while.

It’s called the ‘world game’. Unless the country is committing some kind of atrocity against humans (I.e. Hitler), every country has the right to host a World Cup. Just because a country’s culture doesn’t match yours doesn’t mean it’s bad. Each to their own.

^watch e:60 on qatar 2022

remember this from the World Cup? This is all I really remember from what happened.

These people are ‘migrant workers’. Ask them if they would go back to thier countries and work there and they will say no. I’m a migrant myself. I’m a first generation Australian. I come from a poor background. I have cousins working in Dubai. Conditions are way worse there. But i ask them will they leave their jobs, and they say “yes we would, but there’s nothing better”. True, working conditions are horrible, but the pay they get working in Qatar is like a million dollars compared to what they get in their home country. Qatar is a young country. Which country wasn’t built on some kind of human atrocity. The US? Britain? Australia? Britain only gave independence to Qatar in 1971. That’s not that long. All these countries have committed some kind of misdeed to get to where they are now. I hate it when these countries are quick to judge other emerging countries. Australia only apoligised to the country’s Aboriginal people 5 years ago. 100 years after they comitted the atroicities against them!

Well Qatar actually is committing an atrocity in how it treats the workers building the infrastructure for the world cup. Despite Qatar’s vast wealth, they import labour from poor south east Asian countries and treat them deplorably. Over 1,000 workers have died so far:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/01/qatar-world-cup-workers-deaths-migrant

Read above…i’ll say no more.

The West is incredibly hypocritical when it comes to some things. There is no news here and yes you probably have a case when you say most middle eastern countries are extremely young, Barely half a century old but it would be good if they could learn from our ancestors and not rehash a modern version of one of the darkest periods in human history.

See, This is extremely selective. I have some experience with Dubai too and if you really observe the place it isn’t very pretty at all. Ethiopian / Bangaladeshi men and women crying to go home but not able to because their employers have confiscated their passports. Their own embassies are swamped with such requests to process such cases immidiately and it almost never turns out well. Remember the riots about 6 months back?

Don’t even get me started on their racist policies when it comes to the payscale most Emirati / Qatari / Saudi corporations use.

Yes it has created a very well of middle class diaspora from the south asian / west african reigons and such disparities in how they treat laborers could maybe have been justified if they were emerging countries. They are not. Qatar, UAE and Saudi are among the richest nations in the world with per capita incomes exceeding most western nations. There is absolutely no justification for their policies.

Yeah i agree with your points. Especially about the racist polices. Dad worked in Saudia Arabia for quite while, money was good but he experienced serious racism. Rich arabs tend to consider themselves umm elite, and other races (especially brown-colored people) to be beneath themselves, even though the majority of people that are working in these Arab countries share the same religion as them.

I guess there’s points to be made on both sides.

Heh, Saudi Arabia didn’t abolish slavery till the sixties…

sure there is. It’s some combination of racism, narcissism, and greed

Yeah, this image is burned into my mind. I had no idea guys still rocked the C. Everett Koop look.

Edit: Me fail English? That’s unpossible.

Agreed. Two questions that are on the World Cup application should include:

“Are you going to ask women to NOT show boobies and ass at the games?” and

“Are there going to be vuvuzelas at the games?”