The Movie Thread

The wife and kids are out of town, so I’m a bachelor for a while.

I’m debating on taking off of work a little early and catching the 4:25 showing of “Godzilla”. Some other options are “Heaven is For Real” or “X-Men: Days of Future Past”.

Anybody have an opinion on any of these? (I’m certain that the wife has zero interest in watching Godzilla or X-men, which is why those are tops on the list.)

Why not a double feature?

Don’t see Godzilla I’ve only heard bad things. “That was a waste of my time and money.”

Don’t see x-men it was horrible.

There’s a limit to how many movies I can watch in a day.

Plus, we’re doing some bathroom remodel stuff, so I have to go home and push furniture around for an hour or so.

Plus, I’m trying to finish Final Fantasy Tactics before the W&K come home, just because.

I’ve actually seen it, and I disagree with that. Both it and Days of Future’s Past are worth seeing. On the other hand I’ve been a fan of Gareth Edwards for a while.

I cannot bring myself to be “that guy” who goes to a movie alone. This is a personal limitation…

Movies alone are the best! But only in Angelika…

I don’t understand this concept of “leisure time”…

This one? http://angelikafilmcenter.com/angelika_index.asp?hID=1

I wouldn’t want to drag a friend to these movies either smiley

i didn’t either this time last year.

Persevere, my son. And in due time, you too shall study no more.

until then, HAHAHAHA!!!

Hey greenman,

wanted to ask you about your sig:

Why would you?

I had a day off the other day and watched 3 of the worst movies you can choose: Mud, Grudge match and Hangover 3. I’m putting movies on hold until the Fall.

And i sure hope you won’t.

I personally thought Godzilla got too long and boring. They try to make an emotional backstory for the main character, but you just weren’t that invested in the character to care. X-men was decent had some funny parts and the action scenes looked amazing.

WATCH Edge of Tomorrow, best action film I saw this year.

I’m a fan of Angelika. Only place where you can go to watch movies where the main character turns into a spider and is NOT spider-man.

Dirty wars is a good documentary on Netflix

No worries, I have no friends - and you can see why.

i went to see A Million Ways to Die in the West and it was shite, couple of laughs but the whole movie felt misjudged.

I’ve heard gozilla is alright, in the promo clip for it I can’t he;[ but think of Walter White.

Watched Godzilla. Didn’t live upto expectations as put forward by the trailer, but still worth seeing on the big screen, especially when Godzilla appears the first time. The audience cheered like crazyy.