Can anyone else here not stand itera?

Honestly itera, I really cannot for the life of me stand reading about 99.9% of your posts, which range from pessimistic to downright condescending. I wonder how many other people regularly view the forum awaiting their exam results only to see your ridiculous commentary pedestalizing high finance roles and the people who hold them as if they are special or unique in some way. I have worked in sell-side research, investment banking and investment management in three different geographies, and I have honestly not come across a bigger douche than you with your holier than though online personality. I must say I really rejoiced when I saw the thread between you and CFAvsMBA, where he pummeled you into submission on the forum after yet another of your negative and depressing rants. Why someone who obtained their CFA charter years ago would continue to stay glued to AF day and night is just indicative of the fact that you really have nothing going on outside of your job, pretty sad if you ask me considering the vast majority of sane people drop off the forum the second after they pass level III.

I really think the only way for you and I to settle our differences is to set up some kind of charity boxing match so we can settle this man-to-man, or man-to-frog or whatever. It would be great if you could let me know if you’d be down for this as I really do not think there is any other alternative to giving you an attitude adjustment that you desperately need.

tvdloo

LOL!! congrats man. you’re the lucky moron of the month. You think you’re the only genius to start a thread like this?

we need a wah-bulance over here. We got another crying newbie.

in b4 the ban

What you fail to realize is that you are not funny. I don’t have to be some AF superstar douche like you who has a million AF points to highlight the fact that you are the quintessential insecure finance douchebag. In an attempt to elevate your own sense of self-worth you spout this bearish propaganda about how impossible it is to get a front office job nowadays to reinforce this idea that you are part of some kind of a special club or something.

You really need to wake up pal, because you are not some kind of authority figure on all things finance - your presence is irrelevant. The reason I can confirm this is by nature of the fact that you are absolutely obsessed with AF, scanning every single post in every section of the website at all hours of the day throughout the year, making your stupid negative commentary which nobody finds entertaining at all. You obviously do not have a hedge fund to run, capital to raise, a roadshow to attend to, acquisitions to make, or anything ACTUALLY material to tend to given your obsessive compulsive behaviour with this forum. How many times have you visited AF in the last year? Last month? Today even? The point is, you obviously have nothing better to do with your time/life or have people to spend time with (I would be extremely surprised if you currently have or have ever had a girlfriend even given your massive inferiority complex). Instead of shitting on people day and night on a CFA forum, why don’t you use your time constructively and actually do something meaningful?

I am assuming your natural reaction will be to disregard every single one of the points I have made and post some idiotic retort like you did with my previous message, but I challenge you to really reflect on your life for a second and question whether spending countless hours on this forum is a value-add for you (as it certainly is not for everyone else here)? You are notorious for being able to dish it out and not take it, given your history of cowardly responses when anyone has put you in your place for being the douche that you are. Just remember, you may think you are funny and/or controversial with your commentary on AF, but in reality you are just a douche that most people would prefer to forget about.

Did this dude just challenge someone to an internet fight? Oh man.

I’m in itera’s corner. The majority of folks dwelling in the CFA forum section could use a dose of his realism.

Dude, it’s whambulance, we’ve been over this. Urban dictionary has my back on this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whambulance

Wah-bulance makes no sense at all. Just try saying that out loud. No dice.

Other than that, no concerns here, but mainly because I didn’t read those long blocks of probably pointless text.

Op my brotha from another motha. I’ve been on the anti itera diet for years and it’s worked wonders for me.

Iteras depressing posts go unnoticed anyway because the vast majority of people who post a typical “can i do CFA and will i become a BSD” thread have already made up their minds about a plan of action and just want affirmation from random strangers on the internet.

I think Intera has good intentions, but just has a high view of himself. He isn’t the only successful person in the world who acts like this (there are actually some cognitive biases that make it fairly common). But at the end of the day, you should learn how to not get so upset over whatever it is. Buddha (I’m not trying to convert any Christians, but he is the expert on being chill) had a saying: Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

I actually think the opposite - didn’t used to like his posts but imo has changed over the years and am a fan.

…but yes to the boxing match idea, that just sounds like good entertainment.

Having worked both buyside and sellside, I tend to agree with itera on a lot of his posts… but I won’t go so far as to be a debbie downer and kill the dreams of young up-and-commers with big dreams. I was one of them, who “started from the bottom now we here” so to speak… I’ve told my story and try to be as blunt as possible

I caught some flak a few months ago posting the interview process at my firm in a thread that if I remember itera and myself were on the same page. I wasn’t trying to be high-and-mighty and didn’t consider itera that way either. I was just brutally honest and it sounded like he was as well. Just because this one facet of reality doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

I think there is a great cast of characters on this forum, itera being one of them. The diversity of everyone in attitudes and beliefs is what keeps me around, and I wish I found AF sooner because of it.

Yup. And that same thread I tried to squash the beef with itera. He was grandstanding about how everyone he interviews sucks at life and yadda yadda yadda go to plumbing school you fkking losers. I challenged him to explain what would be an appropriate candidate to help out the little cubbies on this forum about to discount their first cash flow. Instead of offering anything constructive, he went on to repeat, well, not the clown who came in late, asked for water, leaned back in his chair, made me laugh, etc.

We only see itera, the self righteous kiss the ring diety sell side er analyst who wants to believe he moves the market with each keystroke. It would be nice to see an itera who gave some constructive encouragement rather than slam anyone looking to rise up and make something of themselves.

Had anyone looked at my background to age 22, you’d assume I belong in jail and on the other end of the earth from anything successful. Look where I am now. But, I believe stranger things have happened.

Don’t you poop in your shower?

Really? I was nodding along with your post until you insulted me and everyone else that’s a charterholder and still posts here. There are many reasons why we still hang around. Who better to provide test prep than those of us that have actually passed the exams? Or, how about the rare threads where career advice is actually needed? There are a few of us on here that do help our fellow CFAers (and candidates). Or, maybe it’s just because some of us have been around here for so long this is just like any other online community? Chad could rename this the Narwhal Society and I’d still stick around because of the people.

I don’t actually have any beef with itera or his posts but I can see where you’re coming from. Just don’t be such a pussy. You’ll find finance difficult for you if you can’t get over a little elitism.

So is this boxing match going to happen?

Yup. And you point is?

Itera is kind of an acquired taste. Rubs you the wrong way at first, but you get used to it and come to expect it.

And I’ll agree that he can get pretty snarky and rude. Just look at how he treated Vicki Cool regarding “how to forecast sales”. (In order to be fair, she was/is pretty annoying.) He can be pretty elitist (just look at any of the Harvard or Hacksaw threads). And he can be a Debbie Downer, even for those who do legitimately have a chance of being a BSD.

But overall, I think he has a positive contribution to the forum. He has a lot of insight, adds a lot to the non-CFA related stuff, and even though most people don’t want to hear it, he’s more right than wrong when it comes to “Will CFA help me move from a back-office IT job to hedge fund manager?”

And to the OP - I like how you say, “You don’t have anything better to do than troll this website all hours of the day and night” at 11:00 p.m.

OP - why don’t you try contributing to the L3 board instead of calling out other people? You’ve been on here for nearly 2 years and have 5 posts before starting this tread. Plenty of folks are lurkers, I get that and have no problem with it, but they don’t call out others who have made a contribution to the community. Seems pretty obvious to me that you are just a taker, as you’ve made no meaningful contribution and make it perfectly clear that you plan to leave as soon as you earn the charter. If all AF members were more like you and less like itera, there would be no AF because there would be no shared knowledge for DB’s like you to benefit from.

If you’re actually telling the truth about your work experience, you could provide useful information to others here, so why don’t you?

TL;DR: Itera is a douche, but he’s our douche.