Singapore & Bali

Any tips/advice/things to do? Give me the deets.

Hope you guys are all doing well.

Not sure about Bali, but I’ve spent some time in Singapore. The most interesting thing is probably the food. You should find a place to get “chilli crab”. A lot of the open air stall type food places are very good and very cheap. Also, the other thing I recommend is the night safari at the zoo. It is pretty good and not so hot at night. So you will not collapse from dehydration every 100 meters.

What cn I say about bali… its awesome mate. Ubud is beautiful mystic and traditional bali. Spend some quality time here, if u are into antiques this is the place for you. Sanur beach is very peaceful and this is where we had stayed. You can walks atleats half a kilometer into the sea… sunrise here are beautiful since this beach has Agung mountains on its east back drop. Nusa dua, you can do your water sports stuff and this is the place where u do your hip hop partying, shopping etc! Dont ever miss a volcanoe trip mate. Take extra care if its raining. Mount Agung is quite good for it. East bli has lot of water sports and this is where you should do your skuba diving. I heard if you are good skuba diver, then you can even see some ship wreckages. Most important point, bargain bargain and bargain. I shall share my trip itinerary on monday.

Sys. If you are asking for advice, are you single/taking fmly. Big diff in pointers…esp in Bali

I stayed in Singapore for a long time, if you are going there don’t miss the sentosa island, it’s just too good there’s a laser show in the evenings and universal studios too, apart from this there are numerous other things in this one place,there is a website for sentosa islands too. As ohai rightly mentioned night safari… Also there is a jurong bird park, if you want to do some cheap shopping, go to muStafa shopping centre at little India - open all day all night… If you want to shop for some high class expensive stuff orchard road is the place… Go to Clarke quay,marina bay in the evening… Botanic gardens is peaceful and relaxing in the evenings.

All in all singapore is truly beautiful and amazing! You could easily spend a week without getting bored

I’m single. Going with a couple of the boys. We’re late twenties.

Good question CMLSML, my bad! My itinerary wont work for Systematic at all. I made a family trip :slight_smile:

Systematic -

1. if you are into a bit of adventure, try this Rinjani Mountain Trekking, its in an island called Lombok which is near bali. If you dont want to go to Lombok, I suggest atleast Mount Batur trek.

http://baliecocycling.com/batur-trek/

I did this Mount Batur trek; well for 20+ guys, this would be a hard walk thats all. Remember that you can negotiate rates if you are going as a group on literally anything.

1. East bali water sports

2. Hell a lot of spas which are famous… Even the place where you would be staying would have one.

3. Ubud, if you like to see a bit of agrarian lifestyle and shop for antiques… The greenery here has to be seen to believed.

4. Gili islands, group of islands which are quite famous with australians. I met a lot of australians here who said that they come here for most of their holidays. And yes, it was definitely a beautiful place.

We did Bali -> Lombok -> Gili and back to India. And if you are going to Lombok, please have a look at Rinjani Mountain Garden… Its a beautiful place, run by a German couple. Its a natural setting, where you can sit and drink the whole day and they serve awesome food. A couple of Non Veg friends who stayed there said they have never tasted better food. They can even take you on hikes to couple of water falls which are beautiful and defly worth a dip, Tiu Kelep and Sandang Gille are these water falls.

* You can definitely do wilder things there in Bali :slight_smile:

For Singapore, the attractions are there and easily Googled, so probably not much I can add. If I have to name a few it’s probably the Gardens by the Bay, the various clubs like Zouk, Butter Factory, and many many more, and aforementioned attractions like the Night Safari, Universal Studios, Sentosa and the Zoo.

Let me speak for food. No matter where you go, the trick is to TRY as many different things as you can at each place that you are. Go to Chomp Chomp (it’s a food centre in Serangoon Gardens, go by cab) and order the Sambal Stingray, Sambal KangKong, Mutton/Chicken/Pork Satays, Barbequed Chicken Wings, Fried Hokkien Noodles, Laksa, Prawn Noodle Soup, Wanton Noodles, Char Kway Teow, Rojak. Drink Sugarcane Juice, Soya Bean, and Bandung. Have dessert with Chng Tng, Ice kacang, Chendol, Bobo Chacha, and Durian Beancurd (easiest and mildest way to have a taste what durian tastes like). Have Chee Kuah, Soon Kueh, Rice Dumplings, Roti Prata, Bee Hoon with various toppings for breakfast. Set a night aside and feast on Chilli Crab, Black Pepper Crab and Salted Egg Crab. The most important thing is to TRY as much as you can here!

Have fun and feel free to ask me if you need anything else! :slight_smile:

Here’s a tip. Never use the word “deets”.